Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 10 July Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 10 July Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
10 July Current Affairs
HRD Ministry accorded 6 public and private institutes the title of Institutions of Eminence
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has accorded a status of “Institutions of Eminence” to three public and three private institutes.
- In this regard, a grant of Rs 1,000 cr will be provided to 3 public institutes to make them as world class universities, however private universities are not eligible for govt funding.
- The institutions are IIT-Delhi, IIT-Bombay, IISc- Bengaluru in the public sector, and Manipal Academy of Higher Education, BITS Pillani and Jio Institute among private sector.
Reason behind the status of “Institutions of Eminence”
- The move has been taken on the lines of scheme launched by HRD to select 20 Institutions of Eminence (IoEs) – 10 public and 10 private as India has 800 universities, but not a single of them in top 200 in the world ranking.
Sun Pharma named Akshay Kumar as brand ambassador for Revital H
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries has endorsed Akshay Kumar as the brand ambassador of health supplement Revital H.
- Revital H is most trusted health supplement for over twenty years.
Related Points Sun Pharma
- Chairman – Israel Makov
- Headquarter – Mumbai
Michael Ondaatje’s The English Patient bestowed with Golden Booker Prize
- The Golden Man Booker Prize has been conferred upon Michael Ondaatje’s “The English Patient”.
- It is a story of love and conflict during World War II.
- The award marked the 50th anniversary of the literary award.
- In 1992 “The English Patient” book was awarded with Booker Prize.
1st Global Travel Mart India (GTMI) in New Delhi
- Ministry of Tourism is all set to organize nation’s first Global Travel Mart India (GTMI) on September 16 and 18 in New Delhi.
- It will be organized in partnership with FAITH, the umbrella body representing all the industry associations in the country.
- The aim of the initiative is to bring 200 potential international buyers for the show.
International Round Table Conference on Data for New India held in New Delhi
- Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has organized maiden International Round Table Conference in New Delhi.
- The objective of the conference is to identify innovative ideas to enhance the statistical system in India by learning the practices followed by advance countries.
- Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation – DV Sadananda Gowda
World’s largest mobile manufacturing factory of Samsung to be inaugurated in Noida
- The world’s largest mobile factory of Samsung has been publicized in Noida.
- The Samsung’s factory is established in 35 acres and is capable of manufacturing around 120 million mobile phones per year.
- The outlay of the plant is Rs 4,915 crore.
Hope the above updates of 10 July Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 10 July Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!