Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 10 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 10 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
10 June Current Affairs
Ravindra Prasad Jaiswal concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to Eritrea
- 1999 batch IFS officer Ravindra Prasad Jaiswal has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea.
- Presently, he is serving as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Sudan.
- Capital – Asmara
- Currency – Eritrean nakfa
- President – Isaias Afwerki
2018 Women’s Prize for Fiction conferred upon Kamila Shamsie’s “Home Fire”
- A British Pakistani author, Kamila Shamsie’s book “Home Fire” has won the Women’s Prize for Fiction, 2018.
- The book states about the breaking of trust when love and politics collide.
- Kamila Shamsie is a fellow of the London-based Royal Society of Literature.
- Women’s Prize for Fiction is established in 1996 to recognize excellence, originality and accessibility in works by women writers all over the world.
Indian Coast Guard interceptor ship C-439 commissioned
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) commissioned an interceptor boat- ICGS C-439 at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The ICGS C-439 is designed by the L&T Marine & Ship Design Division, an in-house facility of Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- It is 4 m long with a displacement of 136 tonnes.
- It can achieve a maximum speed of 45 knots.
- It is powered by twin water-jet propulsion systems to enable quick response.
Government launches smoking cessation campaign
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has initiated a national media campaign to encourage smoking cessation.
- The title of the campaign is “What Damage Will This Cigarette/Bidi Do”.
- It will raise awareness about cigarette that paves a way to potential harmful events including heart attacks, cancer, lung disease etc.
- The campaign also highlights the theme of 2018 World No Tobacco Day (“tobacco and heart disease”).
Himachal receives financial assistance of Rs 84.13 crore under NDRF
- The Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Finance has provided a financial aid of Rs 84.13 crore to Himachal Pradesh govt under the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF).
- This aid will assist the state’s loss due to the constant rainfall, cloudbursts and landslides, which lead to severe losses to life, property and crops during the monsoon season in 2017.
Related Points Himachal Pradesh
- Chief Minister – Jai Ram Thakur
- Capital – Shimla
Odisha join hands with PGBF for establishment of Badminton Academy
- Odisha government inked MoU with Hyderabad based Pullela Gopichand Badminton Foundation (PGBF) for setting up of P Gopichand Badminton Academy in Odisha.
- As a part of MoU, Odisha will provide complete financial support for the proposed badminton academy while PGBF will provide technical support for players.
Related Points Odisha
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
5 countries elected as non-permanent members of UNSC
- United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) elected South Africa, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Germany and Belgium as non-permanent members of UN Security Council (UNSC).
- They will have two-year term beginning January 1, 2019.
Related Points UNSC
- UNSC is most powerful and one of the 6 principal organs United Nations.
- It’s primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security.
- It has 15 members including 5 permanent members and 10 non-permanent members who are elected for two-year terms each.
World War II photographer David Douglas Duncan passes away
- 1916 born, David Douglas Duncan, a photographer who photography projected the suffering of soldiers in Korea and Vietnam has passed away, due to lung infection, in France.
- He released those photos as a book named This is War!. He donated the earnings from that to widows and orphans of soldiers.
- He was 102 years old.
Hope the above updates of 10 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 10 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!