Hello Readers. We provide daily current affairs which are important from examination point of view and let you enable to score high in the current affairs section, which will also enhance your overall scores. Here are the 11 August Current Affairs.
11 August Current Affairs
State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017 passed by Lok Sabha
- The Lok Sabha has passed State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017 to abolish two Acts namely State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959 and State Bank of Hyderabad Act, 1956.
- It also amends the State Bank of India (SBI) Act, 1955 to remove references to subsidiary banks and powers of SBI to act as an agent of the RBI for subsidiary banks.
Use of non-biodegradable plastic bags banned by NGT in Delhi
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed an interim ban on the use of non-biodegradable plastic bags which are less than 50 microns in New Delhi.
- ₹5000 will be imposed to anyone having possession of such plastic bags.
- It also imposed an environment compensation of Rs. 10,000 on vegetable vendors and slaughter houses for throwing garbage in public places.
Tamil and Gujarati Online Dictionaries launched by Oxford University
- Oxford University Press has launched Tamil and Gujarati Online dictionaries under its initiative Oxford Global Languages (OGL).
- The initiative aims at building online dictionaries and lexicographical resources for around 100 of the world’s languages.
“Watch” – YouTube Competitor launched by Facebook
- Facebook has launched Watch as competitor of Google-owned YouTube.
- Watch is redesigned video platform for creators and publishers which will be available on mobile, desktop/laptops and on TV apps.
- The platform will be introduced to limited group of people in US in its first phase.
Android Skill Development Programme launched by Google and NSDC
- Google and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has launched Android Skill Development programme to provide mobile development training on the Android and Web platform.
- The initiative will provide 100 hour duration course designed to create applications for the mobile platform that can be used on smartphone and tablets running on Android operating system.
Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Hyderabad to be co-hosted by India and US
- India and United States is to co-host Global Entrepreneurship Summit at
- The summit will be organised by the NITI Aayog in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs.
SoftBank Vision invested in Flipkart
- SoftBank Vision Fund – World’s largest technology-focused fund has invested e-commerce company –
- With this biggest ever private investment in Indian Technology Company, it becomes one of company’s largest shareholders.
SEBI approved MCX to launch of trading options in Gold
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) approves Multi Commodity Exchange Limited (MCX) to launch trading options in Gold.
Venkaiah Naidu sworn in as Vice President of India
- Venkaiah Naidu has been sworn in as 13th Vice President of India.
- He will succeed Hamid Ansari.
Davinder Singh Kang – First Indian to qualify for Javelin Throw Finals
- Davinder Singh Kang becomes the first Indian to qualify for the final round of the javelin throw World Championships.
So these are the daily updates for 11 August Current Affairs.
You can take Quiz of 11 August Current Affairs
Hope you have learnt today. Share your feedback in the comment box.
Hey friends, do like us on Facebook for Daily Updates about newly published content –
Join our Facebook Group for any discussion or query –