Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 11 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 11 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
11 June Current Affairs
Government has designated S Ramesh as Chairman of CBIC
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has named S Ramesh, as the Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- Presently, he is serving as a board member of CBIC.
- He will succeed Vanaja N. Sarna.
Related Points CBIC
- It is the nodal national agency responsible for administering Customs, GST, Central Excise, Service Tax & Narcotics in India.
- It is part of the Department of Revenue under Union Ministry of Finance.
- Headquarter – New Delhi
- Establishment – 1855
Sharad Kumar has been named as the Vigilance Commissioner
- Former National Investigation Agency (NIA) chief Sharad Kumar has been designated as the Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission.
- He has been appointed for a period of 4 years.
- He is 1979 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Haryana cadre.
Related Points NIA
- Director General – Yogesh Chander Modi
- Headquarters – New Delhi
Arvind Saxena appointed as an acting UPSC chief
- Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the acting Chairman of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) from 20th June 2018.
- He will succeed Vinay Mittal.
- He is 1978 batch Indian Postal Service officer.
Related Points UPSC
- Establishment – 1926
- Headquarters – New Delhi
SVC Cooperative Bank awarded National Payments Excellence Award by NPCI
- Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. aka SVC Cooperative Bank has been conferred with National Payments Excellence Award 2017 by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- It is the highest recognition in the banking industry for exceptional performance in payments system.
- The award recognized bank’s outstanding performance in NFS ATM Network and CTS .
Related Points SVC cooperative Bank
- MD & CEO – AjitVenugopalan
- Headquarters – Mumbai
China bestowed its first highest state honour Friendship Medal to Russian President Vladimir Putin
- China awarded its first highest state honour Friendship Medal to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- This Friendship Medal of China conferred only on foreigner who has made outstanding contributions in promoting exchange and cooperation between China and world, and in maintaining world peace.
Related Points China
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Renminbi
- President – Xi Jinping
Karur Vysya Bank ties up with Aditya Birla Health
- Private sector bank Karur Vysya Bank joined hands with Aditya Birla Health.
- The objective behind this tie up is to provide insurance services to customers.
- The bank has already partnered with Birla Sunlife Insurance for the same.
Related Points Karur Vysya Bank
- Headquarters – Karur , Tamil Nadu
- CEO – PR Seshadri
Women’s Asia Cricket T20 Cup 2018
- Bangladesh won the Women’s Asia T20 Cup 2018 at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Bangladesh defeated India by three wickets in the final and won their first Asia Cup title.
- Bangladesh’s Rumana Ahmed was named the Player of the Match.
Related Points 2018 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup
- Administrator – Asian Cricket Council
- Host – Malaysia
French Open 2018
- French Open tennis tournament was held in Paris, France.
- Among women, Simona Halep is defeated Simona Halep by 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 in the final.
- Simona Halep has won her first Grand Slam title.
- Among men, Rafael Nadal defeated Dominic Thiem 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 in the final and won his 11th French Open title.
Hope the above updates of 11 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 11 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!