Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 12 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 12 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
12 June Current Affairs
Sunil Chhetri becomes the second highest international goal scorer
- Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri (33) became joint second highest international goal scorer along with Argentine footballer Lionel Messi.
- He achieved this feat after he scored his 64th goal in the match between India and Kenya in Intercontinental Cup summit clash in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It was his 102nd international match.
- In terms of goals per matches, he is better than Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as he scored 62 goals per match as against 0.52 of Messi and 0.54 per match of Ronaldo.
India defeated Kenya to grab Intercontinental Cup football title
- India won the Intercontinental Cup Football Tournament title, which was held at Mumbai.
- India beat Kenya 2-0 in the final.
- After this win, he has become the joint-second active international goal scorer after Cristiano Ronaldo (81 goals).
- The tournament is organized by the AIFF.
ISRO’s scientists discover an “EPIC” planet
- A team headed by Abhijit Chakraborty from the Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, have discovered a planet six times bigger than Earth and revolving around the sun like a star about 600 light years away.
- Both planet and star have been named EPIC 211945201b (or K2-236b).
- This discovery was made using a PRL-designed spectrograph, PARAS, to measure and confirm the mass of the new planet.
Mauritius to host 11th World Hindi Conference
- Mauritius is all set to host 11th World Hindi Conference in its capital city Port Lois from August 18-20, 2018.
- It will be organized by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in association with Government of Mauritius.
- The aim of the conference is to provide a common platform to several Hindi scholars, writers, and laureates from different parts of the world to contribute the language.
- Theme – “Vaishvik Hindi Aur Bharatiy Sanskriti”
Centre has instigated 5000 Wi-Fi Choupals in partnership with CSC
- Union Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeITY) launched 5000 Wi-Fi Choupals in villages in partnership with common service centres (CSCs).
- The objective of Wi-Fi Choupals is to transform rural Internet connectivity through BharatNet.
- A total of 60,000 WiFi hotspots will be provided in rural areas offering people an effective Internet access.
Related Points BharatNet
- BharatNet is Centre’s rural internet connectivity programme which is implemented by Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL).
- It is world’s largest rural broadband connectivity programme using Optical fibre.
- It is funded by Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
2nd India-US colloquium on Earth Observations & Sciences for Society, Economy held in Goa
- The second edition India-US colloquium on Earth Observations and Sciences for Society and Economy was held at CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO), Dona Paula, Goa.
- It was organized by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)-NIO and US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- The aim of the colloquium is to address emerging ocean and earth science issues.
Forty Four G7 Summit was held in Canada
- The 44th G7 summit was held in Quebec, Canada.
- It was the first summit for Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte.
- The 45th G7 summit will be held in 2019 in France.
- The Group of Seven (G7) is comprising of leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States
Hope the above updates of 12 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 12 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!