Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 18 August Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 18 August Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
18 August Current Affairs
Esow Alben of India clinched silver in 2018 UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships
- Indian cyclist Esow Alben has won silver medal at the 2018 UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships held in Aigle, Switzerland.
- The Men’s Keirin event clinched by Czech Republic’s Jakub Stastny followed by Esow Alben of India and Kazakhstan’s Andrey Chugay.
- Hailing from Andaman and Nicobar islands, the 17 years old Esow Alben became the world no 1 in junior sprint category after Asian Championships and 2018 Cottbuser Sprint Cup 2 Cycling competitions.
Emirates Cricket Board to host 2018 Asia Cup
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) handed over its hosting rights to the Emirates Cricket Board for the upcoming Asia Cup 2018.
- This tournament would be held from September 15 to 28 in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
- Countries participating in the event are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The event was originally set to be host by India but Pakistan’s participation made an issue considering the prevailing political situation between the neighbouring countries.
Special film festival themed “Freedom Struggle & Freedom Fighters” held in Mumbai
- A special film festival on the theme “Freedom Struggle and Freedom Fighters” was held to mark India’s 72nd Independence Day, in Mumbai.
- The festival was organized by Films Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Documentary films on freedom struggle and freedom fighters were screened at the festival.
Central government constituted a Panel to coordinate the discharge of floodwaters from Kerala
- To curb the results of heavy rainfall and flood in Kerala, the Central government has constituted a coordination committee to work on the discharge of floodwaters between Kerala-Tamilnadu.
- The committee is headed by the Central Water Commission Chairman Narendra Kumar.
- The committee will monitor the situation at Mullaperiyar dam in view of rising water level and continued heavy inflow.
Panel headed by B Sesikeran to review red-labelling draft of FSSAI
- The government has halted the draft that proposes red-labeling of packaged food products containing high levels of fat, sugar and salt, as the committee is has been set up to look into the issue of labeling once again
- The expert panel will be headed by B Sesikeran, former director of National Institute of Nutrition (NIN).
- The draft of Food Safety and Standards (Labelling and Display) Regulations 2018 that proposed mandatory red-label marking on packaged products for the consumer to identify between healthy and un-healthy food.
Hope the above updates of 18 August Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 18 August Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!