Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 20 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 20 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
20 June Current Affairs
Anukreethy Vas crowned as Femina Miss India 2018
- A 19-year-old college student from Tamil Nadu, Anukreethy Vas has been crowned fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2018, the 55th edition of the beauty pageant.
- Meenakshi Chaudhary, from Harayana was crowned as 1st runner-up and Andhra Pradesh’s Shrey Rao Kamvarapu, stood as the 2nd runner-up.
- She will now represent the country in international beauty pageants while the two runners-up will represent the country at Miss Grand International 2018 and Miss United Continents 2018
International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict observed on 19 June
- International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict observed annually on June 19 to raise awareness of the need to put an end to conflict-related sexual violence, to honour the victims and survivors of sexual violence around the world.
- The effects of conflict-related sexual violence results in trauma, stigma, poverty, poor health and unwanted pregnancy.
- Theme 2018 – The Plight and Rights of Children Born of War
Mehbooba Mufti resigns as Jammu and Kashmir’s chief minister
- Jammu and Kashmir was placed under Governor’s Rule for the fourth time after the BJP withdrew support to its alliance partner PDP, which led to resignation of Mehbooba Mufti as chief minister.
- J&K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti and her team of ministers submitted their resignation to Governor NN Vohra.
Pradeep Parameswaran has been appointed as Uber’s India & South Asia president
- US-based cab aggregator Uber has designated Pradeep Parameswaran as president of its India and South Asia operations.
- He will succeed Amit Jain, who was named as the Head of Asia Pacific region last month.
- Establishment – 2009
- CEO – Dara Khosrowshahi
- Headquarters – San Francisco, California, US
Havells India appoints Dr Mukul Saxena as executive vice president & chief technology officer (CTO)
- Havells India has named Mukul Saxena as its executive vice president & chief technology officer (CTO).
- He will head Havells’ Centre for Research and Innovation (CRI).
- Prior to joining Havells, Saxena headed Siemens Corporate Research & Technologies, India Labs (CTI).
Related Points Havells
- Headquarters – Noida
- CEO – Anil Rai Gupta
Genesys International designated former Wipro executive Kuldeep Moholkar as CEO
- Geospatial imaging and mapping company Genesys International Kuldeep Moholkar as chief executive officer.
- Currently, he is serving as chief operating officer of Wipro’s Japan unit.
Related Points Genesys International
- Establishment – 1983
- Headquarters – India
Bangladesh has elected Lieutenant General Aziz Ahmed as Army Chief
- Bangladesh appointed Lieutenant General Aziz Ahmed as it’s new army chief for a period of 3 years.
- He will succeed General Abu Belal Mohammad Shafiul Haque.
- He is currently serving as military’s quarter master general, who previously served as director general of paramilitary Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB).
RBI has tapered the definition of “relative” under Companies Act 2013
- The apex bank of India has constricted the definition of relatives to check the flow of funds.
- The decision has been taken after concerning over funds sent abroad under the “maintenance of close relative” category of the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS).
- In this regard, the definition of relative has been aligned with the definition given in Companies Act, 2013 instead of Companies Act, 1956.
What new definition states?
- Now, “relatives” under the Companies Act, 2013 states that funds under the “maintenance of close relative” category can be sent only to immediate relatives such as parents, spouses, children and their spouses.
Haryana approves scheme to provide Rs 8,000 monthly assistance to female acid victims
- The Haryana govt has given its consent to provide monthly financial assistance to female acid victims.
- In this regard, a monthly assistance of Rs 8,000 will be provided to women and girl acid attack victims.
- The assistance will be dispensed, as per the definition of disability under Section 2 (i) of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights of Full Participation) Act, 1995.
Related Points Haryana
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Capital – Chandigarh
World’s most powerful supercomputer “Summit” unveiled
- The scientists of US has unveiled the world’s most powerful and smartest scientific supercomputer that can complete over 2,00,000 trillion calculations per second.
- The supercomputer named “Summit” will be eight times more powerful than its previous top-ranked system, Titan.
- It is developed by US Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- The IBM AC922 system consists of 4,608 compute servers, each containing two 22-core IBM Power9 processors and six NVIDIA Tesla V100 graphics processing unit accelerators, interconnected with dual-rail Mellanox EDR 100 Gb/s InfiniBand.
Vodafone – Idea to merge to form Vodafone Idea Ltd
- Idea Cellular will merge Vodafone India Ltd (VIL) and its wholly owned subsidiary Vodafone Mobile Service Limited (VMSL) with itself to create largest telcome company.
- The merged entity is named as Vodafone Idea Ltd.
- The Vodafone will hold a 1% stake in the combined entity, the Aditya Birla Group will hold 26% and the remaining shares will be held by the public.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla will be the non-executive chairman of the merged company.
- This merger would overtake Bharti Airtel to grab the top slot.
Hope the above updates of 20 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 20 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!