Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 21 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 21 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
21 June Current Affairs
AR Rahman named as brand ambassador of Sikkim government
- Eminent Indian composer, singer and songwriter, A.R. Rahman has been designated as the brand ambassador of the Sikkim government.
- Now, he will promote and project the state’s achievements nationally and globally.
- Earlier, the state govt has named him as the Brand Ambassador of tourism and business.
Related Points Sikkim
- Chief Minister – Pawan Kumar Chamling
- Capital – Gangtok
Ex-RBI Deputy Governor R Gandhi as Advisor of PayTm
- The parent organization of PayTm, One97 Communications, has designated RBI Deputy Governor Rama Subramaniam Gandhi, as it’s advisor.
- He will use his experience on payment systems, regulations, compliance and corporate governance.
- He was the deputy governor of RBI between 2014 and 2017.
Related Points PayTm
- CEO – Renu Satti
Jeff Bezos stood at top in Forbes World’s Billionaires list 2018
- In accordance with the list by Forbes World’s Billionaires list 2018, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of $141.9 billion.
- He has been followed by founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates with net worth of USD 92.9 bn and Warren Buffet with a total of wealth of USD 82.2 billion.
- After Apple, Amazon becomes the second most valuable company in the world.
National Digital Library launched in New Delhi
- HRD Ministry has instigated the National Digital Library of India (NDLI) in New Delhi, a repository of millions of academic texts from around the world.
- Presently, it hosts 17 million-plus items in 200 plus languages from more than 170 institutions and is open for all.
- It has been built by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
5th National Standards Conclave held in New Delhi
- The 5th National Standards Conclave was held in New Delhi.
- It was theme at “Implementing the Indian National Strategy for Standardization”.
- It was organized by Department of Commerce and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The conclave aimed to achieve the highest quality standards in production and distribution of goods and services in an attempt to reclaim Brand India.
SAIL has supplied steel for world’s tallest girder rail bridge
- Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) has supplied 60,000 tonnes of steel material for the 111 km long Jiribam-Tupul-Imphal new broad gauge railway project in Manipur.
- The project was taken up in 2008 and was declared a National Project as it covers 9 stations, 148 bridges & 45 tunnels.
- The construction of the project is undertaken by Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR).
- To be constructed at 141 meters, over river Iring, will become the tallest girder rail bridge in the world.
KVIC adopts Jagatpur village in delhi for Swachhta Abhiyan
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has adopted has adopted Jagatpur village in Delhi for its Swachhata Abhiyaan or cleanliness drive.
- KVIC, under the aegis of MSME Ministry claimed that “Jagatpur” will be the most beautiful villages in Delhi and NCR.
- The cleanliness drive was undertaken along the bank of the Yamuna River.
- Its next cleanliness drive will be in Mumbai’s Juhu beach.
Centre has constituted Chief Minister sub group to coordinate policy approaches for agriculture and MNERGA
- The Union Government has constituted Chief Ministers Subgroup to coordinate policy approaches for agriculture sector and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural (MNERGA).
- The group consists of CMs of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Bihar, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Sikkim along with Member NITI Aayog, Ramesh Chand.
- It will be headed by Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh.
World Refugee Day observed on June 20
- The World Refugee Day is observed annually on June 20 to raise awareness of the situation of refugees throughout the world.
- The day commemorates their courage and resilience and renews commitment.
- Theme 2018 – “Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees”
Hope the above updates of 21 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 21 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!