Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 22 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 22 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
22 June Current Affairs
United States quits United Nations Human Rights Council
- Under the conduct of President Donald Trump, the United States has announced its withdrawal from United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) due to its political biasness.
- The US has blamed the organization as mockery of human rights, as the latter is biased towards Israel and refusing to eject members who are violators of human rights.
Related Points UNHRC
- Establishment – 2006
- Headquarter – Geneva, Switzerland
- Members – 47 states
World’s maiden International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics instituted in Gandhinagar
- The world’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics (ICHF) recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 22 of UGC Act, 1956, is launched at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- It is developed in collaboration of Gujarat Forensic Science University with International Committee of the Red Cross in India, Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives.
- It is the world’s first and only University dedicated to Forensic and allied Sciences, which will conduct various academic and professional programmes for the same.
Surat Smart City selected for “City Award” under India Smart Cities Award 2018
- Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has announced the “India Smart Cities Awards” 2018, consisting of nine awards in three categories.
- It’s objective to reward cities, projects and innovative ideas, promoting sustainable development in cities.
- The city award has been conferred upon Surat for showing great pace in implementation of Projects.
- The Innovative Idea award was presented jointly to Bhopal for their Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC) and Ahmedabad for Safe and Secure Ahmedabad (SASA) Project.
- Governance category: PMC Care from Pune.
- Built Environment category: Smart Place Making from Pune.
- Social Aspects category: Smart Class rooms from NDM and Jabalpur, Smart Campus from Visakhapatnam, Lighthouse from Pune
- Culture and Economy category: B Nest Incubation Centre from Bhopal and Conservation of Rajasthan School of Arts from Jaipur
- Urban environment category: Public Bike Sharing from Pune, Bhopal, Coimbatore and Waste to Energy Plant in Jabalpur
- Transport and Mobility category: Integrated Transit Management System (TMS) from Ahmedabad and Surat
- Water and Sanitation category: Smart Water Management through SCADA from Ahmedabad
Canada legalizes recreational use of marijuana
- Canada has become the first G7 country to legalize recreational marijuana, as Canadian Parliament has given its consent for Cannabis Act (or Bill C-45).
- As per the act, the minimum legal age to buy and consume the drug is 18 and an adult can consume upto 30 grams of dried cannabis in public.
- It is illegal to grow more than four plants per household and to buy from unlicensed dealer
- It becomes the second country worldwide to legalise the drug’s recreational use after Uruguay.
What is marijuana?
- It is a psychoactive drug from the Cannabis plant intended for medical or recreational use.
- It used for controlling pain for medical issues, like cancer, nervous system diseases, glaucoma, migraines, etc and also used to treat nausea and improve appetites for people with HIV or other chronic illnesses.
Book “Vedvigyan Alok” authored by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik presented to Venkaiah Naidu
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has received the book “Vedvigyan Alok” (Maharishi Aitareya Mahidas Praneet – Aitareya Brahmina ki Vaigyanik Vyakhya) authored by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik.
- The book is the scriptural verse in Veda’s prose and is divided into four broad volumes.
- The language of the book is Vedic Sanskrit.
Haryana has become the first state in India to give star ranking to its villages
- Haryana has instigated “7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow Scheme”, which will provide star ranking to village on the basis of 7 social parameter.
- As per scheme, the villages would be rewarded Rs 1 lakh for achieving each star.
Additional rewards with award money:
- Villages which adopted Swachhta Mission – Rs 50,000
- Villages having equal or more girl population – Rs 50,000
- Villages with 6 stars rating – Additional developmental works worth Rs 20 lakh
- Villages with 5 stars rating – Additional developmental works worth Rs 15 lakh
- Villages with 4 stars rating – Additional developmental works worth Rs 20 lakh from the departments
SBI Managing Director B Sriram designated as the CEO and MD of IDBI Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI) managing director Balasubramanyam Sriram has been named as managing director and chief executive officer of IDBI Bank for a period of 3 months.
- He will succeed Mahesh Kumar Jain, who has been appointed the deputy governor of the Reserve of Bank India (RBI) and will succeed S.S. Mundra.
- Sriram is going to bow out in September 2018, which one of the reasons for him is being given a three-month term at IDBI.
Related Points IDBI
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Tagline – Banking For All, Aao Sochein Bada
World Music Day observed on June 21
- World music day observed annually on June 21, which is alos known as Fete de la Musique.
- On this day, people play music in public area and free concerts are also organized.
- It was first celebrated in Paris in 1982. Now it is celbrated by 120 countries.
Armstrong Changsan named as the next Ambassador of India to Iceland
- 1997 IFS officer Armstrong Changsan, has been designated as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Iceland.
- Presently he is serving as the Consul General, Consulate General of India, Osaka-Kobe.
- Capital – Reykjavik
- Currency – Icelandic króna
- Prime Minister – Katrín Jakobsdóttir
- President – Guðni Th. Jóhannesson
India hikes import duty on 29 US products
- The finance ministry announced that India has hiked customs duty on several goods, including Bengal gram, lentils and artemia, imported from the US.
- The move was against the duty hike by the US on certain steel and aluminium products which had tariff implication of $241 million on India.
Hope the above updates of 22 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 22 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!