Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 23 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 23 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
23 June Current Affairs
Nor Shamsiah has been named as Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia
- Datuk Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus has been designated as the Governor of Central Bank of Malaysia, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) for a period of 5 years.
- She will succeed Tan Sri Muhammad Ibrahim who resigned on June 15 2018.
Related Points Malaysia
- Capital – Kuala Lumpur
- Currency – Malaysian ringgit
- Prime Minister – Mahathir Bin Mohamad
Paul Polman to be appointed as ICC Chairman
- Founder and Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, the Sunil Bharti Mittal is all set to bow out as the Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) as he is on the completion of 2 year tenure.
- In order to succeed him, ICC has appointed Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever, as its Chairman.
- Ajay Banga, President and CEO MasterCard, has been designated as the next ICC “First Vice-Chair”.
Ministry of Women & Child Development bestowed with “Best Performing Social Sector Ministry”
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has been presented with “Best Performing Social Sector Ministry” SKOCH Award, recognizing their efficient initiatives and significant achievements from the last 4 years.
- The award has been received by Maneka Sanjay Gandhi on behalf of the ministry.
Key initiatives of WCD
- Flagship scheme – Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- 6 months maternity leave, Sexual Harassment at Work Place Act, SHe-box, One stop centres, Universal Women help line (181), 33 per cent reservation in police.
- Institution of Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory in Chandigarh.
- The special forensic kits for rape cases will be provided to all police stations and hospitals.
HDFC Bank featured in BrandZ rankings
- BrandZ Top 100 “Most Valuable Global Brands” ranking has featured HDFC bank at 60th place.
- The brand value of HDFC stood at $20.9 billion.
- Google has topped the list followed by Apple and Amazon.
- In “Best Mover Countries”, India ranked 2nd after UAE.
- Among “Cars top ten, 2018”, India’s Maruti Suzuki ranked at number 9, which has been topped by Toyota followed by Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
India, US to hold inaugural 2+2 Dialogue in July 2018 in Washington DC
- On the sidelines of PM Modi visit to US in June 2017, the inaugural India, United States 2+2 Dialogue will be held on July 6, 2018 in Washington. DC, capital city of US.
- The dialogue will focus on strengthening strategic, security, and defence cooperation.
- The 2+2 dialogue will replace earlier India-US Strategic and Commercial Dialogue.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and minister of defence Nirmala Sitharaman will take part in the inaugural meet.
Indian Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth named Sports Illustrated “India’s Sportsperson of the Year”
- Commonwealth Games 2018 gold-medal winning shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has been honoured as “Sportsperson of the Year for 2017” by the Sports Illustrated India magazine.
- He won four Super series titles Indonesia, Australia, Denmark and France in the year 2017 and finished the season at the No. 2 position in World Rankings.
- In April 2018, he became the only male Indian badminton player to mount to the 1 in badminton rankings.
Hope the above updates of 23 June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 23 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!