Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 3 January Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 3 January Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
3 January Current Affairs
NARI – Online Portal for women empowerment launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development
- An online portal NARI has been launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development for the empowerment of women.
- The portal will provide women citizens with easy access to information on government schemes and initiatives being run by both Central as well as the States governments.
- e-Samvad portal has also been launched to provide platform for NGOs and Civil Societies to interact with the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Related Points –
- Minister of Women and Child Development – Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Prime Minister’s Official Website launched in Assamese and Manipuri versions
- The Prime Minister’s official website – pminida.gov.in has been launched in Assamese and Manipuri versions.
- The website is now available in 11 regional languages – Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu in addition to English and Hindi.
Allied Health Professionals Database Portal launched by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- The “Allied Health Professionals Database Portal” has been launched by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The portal will help the government to track the number of professionals and streams of allied and healthcare professionals in the country.
- It has capacity of storing data of more than 10 lakh Allied and Health Professionals.
Tourist Police Wing launched by Puducherry
- The Puducherry government has launched Tourist Police – special police force as tourist friendly measure.
- The force has distinct blue-coloured head gears and blue badges bearing the police emblem.
India’s second largest rooftop solar plant commissioned in UP by GAIL
- India’s second largest rooftop solar plant has been commissioned by GAIL in Uttar Pradesh.
- The 5.76 MWp (Mega Watt Peak) solar plant has been installed at GAIL’s petrochemical complex at Pata in Uttar Pradesh.
Related Points – GAIL
- Headquarters – New Delhi
Turkey’s endangered ‘bird language’ enters in UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- The ‘bird language’ of Black Sea villagers has been entered in the UNESCO list of intangible Cultural Heritage.
- The bird language is whistle language used as a means of communication by villagers in remote Northern Turkey.
Related Points – UNESCO
- Headquarters – Paris, France
- Members – 195 states
- Head – Audrey Azoulay
- Turkey’s Capital – Ankara
- Turley’s Currency – Turkish Lira
No transaction charges for payments through debit card and BHIM app for upto ₹2000
- The customer will not be charge any transaction charges for payments upto ₹2000 made through debit card, BHIM app or Aadhaar enabled payment systems.
- The government will bear the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) charges on transactions upto ₹2000 for digital transactions.
HDFC Bank tie up with Rajasthan Government to help startups
- HDFC Bank has partners with Rajasthan Government to promote startups in the state.
- Under HDFC’s Smartups program, the start-ups will be provided with end to end solutions like current accounts, credit cards and other solutions.
Vijay Keshav Gokhale – Foreign Secretary of India
- Vijay Keshav Gokhale has been appointed as Foreign Secretary of India.
- He has succeeded Jaishankar.
Devika Shah – MD and CEO of Indian Clearing Corporation Ltd. (ICCL)
- Devika Shah has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Clearing Corporation Ltd. (ICCL).
Related Points – ICCL Ltd
- It is wholly owned subsidy of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) which deals with clearing, settlement, collateral management and risk management.
Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga – New Prime Minister of Mali
- Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga has been appointed as new Prime Minister of Mali.
- He will replace Abdoulaye Idrissa Maiga.
Related Points – Mali
- Capital – Bamako
- Currency – West African CFA franc
Mohamed Salah – Arab Football player of the year 2017
- Mohamed Salah has been named as Arab Football Player of the year 2017.
- HE is Liverpool and Egypt striker.
G Sathiyan – India’s highest ranked player in latest ITTF rankings
- G Sathiyan has been ranked as India’s highest ranked player in the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings.
- He has scored 49th position in the world.
Related Points – International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
- Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
Anwar Jalalpuri – Famous Urdu Poet passes away
- Anwar Jalalpuri – Famous Urdu Poet has passes away at the age of 71.
- His famous works include Rahrau se Rahnuma Tak, transalations of Gitanjali and Bhagwat Gita in Urdu.
- He was also dialogues writer of the TV serial – Akbar the Great.
Hope the above updates of 3 January Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 3 January Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!