Hello Readers. We provide daily current affairs which are important from examination point of view and let you enable to score high in the current affairs section, which will also enhance your overall scores. Here are the 31 October Current Affairs.
31 October Current Affairs
India sends first wheat shipment to Afghanistan
- The first Indian wheat shipment has been sent from India’s Kandla port to Afghanistan through Iran’s Chabahar port.
- Sushma Swaraj flagged off the ship by joining Salahuddin Rabbani – Afghan Foreign Minister through video conference.
Related Points –
- Chabahar is a free port on the coast of Gulf of Oman. It is situated on the Makran Coast of the Sistan and Baluchestan province of Iran.
- Kandla port is located on the Gulf of Kutch on the northwestern coast of India.
‘Run for Unity’ flagged off in New Delhi to mark the 142nd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- ‘Run for Unity’ flagged off by PM Narendra Modi in New Delhi to mark the 142nd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
$200 million loan agreement for Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project signed between India and World Bank
- India and World Bank has signed $200 million loan agreement for Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
- The project will support the Government of Assam to facilitate agri-business investments, increase agriculture productivity and market access in over 16 Districts of Assam to directly benefit 500,000 farming households.
Saudi Arabia to allow women into sports stadium from 2018
- Saudi Arabaia will allow women to attend sports events in stadiums from 2018 as announced by Turki Al-Asheikh – Chairman of the General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia.
- These changes are to support ‘Vision 2030’ plan for economic and social reforms of Saudi Arabia.
Related Points – Saudi Arabia
- Capital – Riyadh
- Currency – Saudi Riyal
Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar – New Vice Chief of Navy
- Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar has been appointed as the Vice Chief of the Naval Staff.
- He will succeed Vice Admiral Karanbir Singh who will take charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief.
Suresh Raina – Brand Ambassador of Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation
- Suresh Raina has been appointed as brand ambassador of Ghaziabad Municipal Corporation.
- The Ghaziabad municipal corporation is the only city in 16 municipal corporation in Uttar Pradesh which has been declared open defecation-free (ODF).
Anupam Kher and Saira Banu awarded with Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award in Pune
- Anupam Kher who is the current Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India has been awarded with Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award in
- Saira Banu – UN Ambassador of Heforshe also awarded with Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award.
Related Points – Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award
- The awards have been initiated by Muktachhand – Pune based organisation in the memory of Late Pramod Mahajan – Former BJP leader and Union Cabinet Minister.
Mithali Raj and Virat Kohli top ICC ODI rankings
- Mithali Raj – India’s women’s cricket team captain and Virat Kohli – India’s men’s cricket team top the International Cricket Council (ICC) ranking for One Day International.
- Mithali has 753 points and Virat Kohli has 889 points which is best ever by an India’s batsman.
Indian Junior Men’s Hockey team won Bronze medal in 7th Sultan of Johor Cup 2017
- Indian Junior Men’s Hockey team has won Bronze medal in 7th Sultan of Johor Cup 2017 at the Taman Daya Hockey Stadium in Malaysia.
So these are the daily updates for 31 October Current Affairs
You can take Quiz of 31 October Current Affairs
Hope you have learnt today. Share your feedback in the comment box.
Hey friends, do like us on Facebook for Daily Updates about newly published content –
Join our Facebook Group for any discussion or query –