Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 4 April Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 4 April Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
4 April Current Affairs
Mangalore International Airport – Cleanest airport by Airports Authority of India (AAI)
- The Mangalore International Airport has been awarded cleanest airport in the country at the 23rd annual day celebrations of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) in New Delhi.
- The award is based on the survey done across 53 airports which includes inspecting the airport terminal, parking area, toilets, commercial stalls, the road leading to the airport and customer lounge.
10% import duty on smartphone components imposed by Government
- The government has imposed 10% import duty on key smartphone components like camera module and printed circuit board assembly.
- The step has been taken to boost the domestic manufacturing under Make in India program.
Three integrated digital portals launched for ease of exports
- Suresh Prabhu – Union Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister have launched three digital portals – Safe Food Export Traceability Portal, One Laboratory One Assessment Portal and Monitoring Export Alerts Portal.
- The portals have been launched by Export Inspection Council (EIC) for ease of export at New Delhi.
MoU on Defence Salary Package signed between Indian Army and HDFC Bank
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) has been signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package.
- The first MoU between HDFC Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed on 13 Mar 2015.
- The current MoU is to adapt the requirements of the serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
‘Samridhi – the virtual assistant’ & ‘ Bankability Kit’ launched by SIDBI
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched ‘Samridhi – the virtual assistant’ & ‘ Bankability Kit’ on its formation day.
- The SIDBI came into existence on 2 April 1990.
- ‘Samridhi – the virtual assistant’ has been launched on bank’s universal loan portal udyamimitra.in to answer standard queries of aspirants 24*7.
- ‘Bankability Kit’ has been launched in partnership with Bank of Baroda and IDBI Bank which includes trusted guide for aspirants and existing entrepreneurs to know entrepreneurial self, know banker & know banking.
“Adopt a Heritage Project” launched to provide ‘Monument Mitra’ for world-class tourist amenities
- “Adopt a Heritage Project” has been launched to provide basic amenities like cleanliness, public convenience, drinking water, ease of access for tourists, signage etc. and advanced amenities like TFC, Souvenir shop, Cafeteria etc. at various natural/cultural heritage sites, monuments and other tourist sites.
- The project has been launched by Ministry of Tourism in close collaboration with Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The project will include selected public sector companies, private sector companies and individuals which would know as ‘Monument Mitra’ to develop tourist amenities at heritage sites.
- The ‘Monument Mitra’ will adopt the site for 5 years to look after the operations and maintenance of the adopted site under their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activity.
Ridlr – Public transport ticketing and commuting app acquired by Ola
- Ridlr – Public transport ticketing and commuting app have been acquired by Cab aggregator Ola.
- The acquisition will allow a customer to book a cab from their homes and continue their journey effortlessly even if they switch to a public transport service.
HRD’s National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2018
- The Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry has announced the National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2018 rankings for higher education institutes.
Rosemary DiCarlo – US diplomat becomes first Female UN Political Chief
- Rosemary DiCarlo – US diplomat becomes the first woman to head UN political affairs.
- She will replace Jeffrey Feltman.
Sreekumaran Thampi – J.C. Daniel Award Kerala government’s highest honor for lifetime contribution to Malayalam cinema
- Sreekumaran Thampi – lyricist, director, and scriptwriter has been selected for the J.C. Daniel Award, the Kerala government’s highest honor for lifetime contribution to Malayalam cinema.
- The prize compromises of ₹5 lakh and a citation have been provided at the Kerala State Film Award distribution function in Kollam.
Ajay Desai – Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Rubique
- Ajay Desai – Former Senior President and Chief Financial Inclusion Officer of Yes Bank has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Rubique – One-stop online marketplace providing technology-enabled end-to-end solutions to financing needs of individuals and SMEs.
- The appointment has been made for company’s growth in fintech industry.
Debjani Ghosh – New President of Nasscom
- Debjani Ghosh – Former Managing Director of Intel South Asia has been appointed as New President of Nasscom.
- She will replace R.Chandrashekhar on completion of his term.
Chandra Bhushan Kumar – Deputy Election Commissioner
- Chandra Bhushan Kumar has been appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner for the period of 5 years.
- The appointment has been made on the orders issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- Vineet Joshi has been appointed as Director General of the National Testing Agency under the Department of Higher Education.
- Mukul Ratra has been appointed as Deputy Director General of the Department of Telecommunications.
Sanjeev Nautiyal – New Managing Director and CEO of SBI Life Insurance
- Sanjeev Nautiyal has been appointed as new Managing Director and CEO of SBI Life Insurance.
- He will replace Arijit Basu.
Actor Rituparna Sengupta – Shilpi Sansad Chairperson
- Actor Rituparna Sengupta has been appointed as Chairperson of Shilpi Sansad.
- She will succeed deceased Supriya Devi.
Related Points – Shilpi Sansad
- It is an organization set up by matinee idol Uttam Kumar in 1968 that provides financial security to retired and veteran artists of the Bengali film industry.
Subrata Bhattacharjee – Next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia
- Subrata Bhattacharjee has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Serbia.
- He is currently working as Joint Secretary in Ministry of External Affairs.
Related Points – Serbia
- Capital: Belgrade
- Currency: Serbian dinar
MS Dhoni receives Padma Bhushan Award
- MS Dhoni honored with Padma Bhushan Award – country’s third highest civilian award at the Rashtrapati Bhawan from President Ram Nath Kovind.
- He also holds the rank of Honorary Lieutenant Colonel.
Gnanasekaran Sathiyan – World No. 46 in International Table Tennis Federation rankings
- Gnanasekaran Sathiyan becomes World No. 46 according to the ranking of International Table Tennis Federation rankings.
- Achanta Sharath Kamal climbed 22 places and becomes World No. 48.
Hope the above updates of 4 April Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 4 April Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!