Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 4 January Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 4 January Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
4 January Current Affairs
MoU on cooperation in Oil and Gas Sector signed between India and Israel
- India and Israel has signed a MoU on cooperation in the Oil and Gas sector.
Related Points – Israel
- Capital – Jerusalem
- Currency – Israeli new shekel
MoU signed between IICA and IPPB to provide training on payment banking
- The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) and India Post Payments Bank has signed an agreement to provide training to the employees of the payment banks.
Uttar Pradesh announced as Theme State for Surajkund International crafts mela
- The Haryana tourism department has announced Uttar Pradesh as Theme State for 32nd Surajkund International crafts mela.
- The event will be organised by Haryana Tourism and Surajkund Fair Authority in collaboration with the Union Ministers of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs at Surajkund, Faridabad.
E-governance policy launched by Tamil Nadu Government
- An e-governance policy has been launched by Tamil Nadu Government to provide various services digitally.
- The policy will enable members of the public, government and commercial establishments avail all government services through digital mode.
Related Points – Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- CM – Edappadi K. Palaniswami
‘Chah Bagichar Dhan Puraskar Mela 2017-18’ Scheme for Tea Garden Workers launched by Assam
- ‘Chah Bagichar Dhan Puraskar Mela 2017-18’ Scheme for Tea Garden Workers has been launched by Assam Government.
- The scheme has been launched by Mr Sarbananda Sonowal – CM of Assam at Sarabnanda Singha Auditorium, Tinsukia.
- The ₹182 cr has been launched to encourage demonetisation and cashless banking.
- Under this scheme, the government will provide ₹2500 to the tea garden workers and additional ₹2500 if the worker will continue using the account for six months,
- The state will also provide skill development centres in the tea garden.
Related Points – Assam
- Capital – Dispur
- Dance – Bihu Dance
Dhanu Yatra festival concluded in Bargarh district of Odisha
- Dhanu Yatra festival has been concluded in Bargarh district of
- The festival is based on Krishna Leela and Mathura Vijay and celebrated by making Bargarh town resemble as Mathura – the birthplace and homeland of Lord Krishna, Amarpali region as Gopapura and River Jeera as River Yamuna.
SBI and NABARD partners to promote Joint Liability Groups in Bengal
- State Bank of India and NABARD has signed an agreement with five NGOs in Bengal to promote 2500 joint liability groups (JLGs) of the state.
- JLGs are informal groups of 4-10 members engaged in similar economic activities and willing to jointly undertake the responsibility to replay loans taken by the group from a bank.
Related Points – Bengal
- Capital – Kolkata
Desktop ATMs introduced by Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB)
- The Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) has introduced Desktop ATMs in rural areas.
- The first desktop ATM has been operationalized at Kasibugga in Mandi Bazar of Warangal, Telangana.
- The customers will able to withdraw small amounts and other banking activities from the mini ATM installed within the branch premises.
₹372.51 crore loan sanctioned by NABARD to Odisha
- ₹372.51 crore loan has been sanctioned by NABARD to Odisha under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
- The loan has been sanctioned for irrigation and rural bridge projects under Biju Setu Yojana.
Related Points – NABARD
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
Rajeev Khanna – Deputy National Security Advisor
- Rajeev Khanna has been appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor.
- He has also served as former chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) – country’s external intelligence agency.
Salman Khan – Brand Ambassador of Emami’s Edible Oil Brands
- Salman Khan has been appointed as Brand Ambassador of Emami’s Edible Oil Brands.
- He will endorse the product with Amitabh Bachchan
AB Mathur – Government Interlocutor for talks with ULFA
- AB Mathur has been appointed as government interlocutor (a person who takes part in dialogue or conversation) to hold talks with the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA).
Related Points – ULFA
- It is a separatist outfit operating in Assam, North East India for the indigenous Assamese people which seeks to establish a sovereign Assam with an armed struggle in the Assam conflicts.
- Founder – Paresh Baruah, Arabinda Rajkhowa
- The government has banned the organisation in 1990 by calling it terrorist organisation.
R Margabandu – the noted politician passed away
- R Margabandu – Former Rajya Sabha member passed away at the age of 83 years old.
- He represented Tamil Nadu in Rajya Sabha and was leader of AIADMK party in the house.
Hope the above updates of 4 January Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 4 January Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!