Hello Readers. We provide daily current affairs which are important from examination point of view and let you enable to score high in the current affairs section, which will also enhance your overall scores. Here are the 5 September Current Affairs.
5 September Current Affairs
Antara and Chhaya – New Contraceptives launched by Health & Family Welfare Ministry
- The Union Ministry of Health and Welfare has launched two new contraceptives; Antara – an injectable contraceptive effective for 3 months and Chhaya – a contraceptive pill effective for one week.
- The contraceptives will be available for free in Medical and District hospitals of 10 states – Delhi, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Haryana, West Bengal, Odisha, and Goa.
First Diesel consignment by land route despatched from India to Myanmar
- The first 30 MT High Speed diesel consignment by land route has been despatched by India to Myanmar.
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) despatched the consignment through NH 37 across the Moreh Custom Check Point in India and Tamu Custom Check Point on the Myanmar side.
- The consignment aims at enhancing the hydrocarbon synergy with neighbouring countries.
Social media campaign to promote Geographical Indications launched by CIPAM-DIPP
- Social media campaign to promote Indian Geographical Indications (GIs) has been launched by the Cell of IPR promotions and Management (CIPAM) and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- The campaign has been launched under #LetsTalkIP to make people aware about importance of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
Related Points – Geographical Indications
- It is sign used on products to show specific geographical origin as quality and reputation of that products are due to that specific origin.
China announced $80 million funding plan for BRICS
- China has announced to given 500 million yuans ($76.4 million) for a BRICS economic and technology cooperation plan, and another $4 million for projects at the BRICS countries’ New Development Bank.
Prakriti Khoj – An Environmental Quiz launched on Teacher’s Day
- The Union Environment Ministry has launched Prakriti Khoj – An Environmental Quiz at national level on the occasion of Teacher’s Day.
- The quiz aims at generating interest among students for environmental science.
K V Rama Moorthy – CEO & MD of Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank
- K V Rama Moorthy has been appointed as CEO and MD of Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank for the period of three years.
- He will succeed H S Upendra Kamath.
Konsam Ormila Devi – Gold medallist at Commonwealth Youth Weightlifting Championship
- Konsam Ormila Devi from India has won Gold medal in 44kg category at Commonwealth Youth Weightlifting Championship.
- The championship was held at Gold Coast, Australia.
National Teacher’s Day – 5 September
- National Teacher’s Day is celebrated in India on 5 September.
- The day has been celebrated to honour birthday of Dr. Sarvepali Radhakrishnan.
So these are the daily updates for 5 September Current Affairs
You can take Quiz of 5 September Current Affairs.
Hope you have learnt today. Share your feedback in the comment box.
Hey friends, do like us on Facebook for Daily Updates about newly published content –
Join our Facebook Group for any discussion or query –