Hello Readers. We provide daily current affairs which are important from examination point of view and let you enable to score high in the current affairs section, which will also enhance your overall scores. Here are the 7-8 October Current Affairs.
7-8 October Current Affairs
India and European Union 14th Summit held in New Delhi
- The 14th India and European Union annual Summit was held in New Delhi.
- In the summit, Republic of India was represented by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and EU was represented by Mr Donald Tusk, President of the European Council and Mr Jean Claude Juncker, President of European Commission.
- India and EU signs three pacts to strengthen trade and security ties.
Bengaluru Metro Rail Project received ₹2300 crore from European Investment Bank
- The phase II of Bengaluru Metro Rail Project has received ₹2300 crore from European Investment Bank.
- The project will be jointly financed by European Investment Bank (₹2300 crore)and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (₹3800 crore).
India’s first Marine Police Training Institute to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka
- India’s first Marine Police Training Institute is to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka district of Gujarat.
- The announcement was made by PM Modi during his two day visit to Gujarat for foundation stone-laying ceremony of a bridge between Okha and Beyt Dwarka.
Raghuram Rajan name suggested in Clarivate Analytics for possible winners of Noble Prize in Economics
- The name of Raghuram Rajan – Former Governor of RBI has been suggested in the list of Clarivate Analytics for possible winners of Noble Prize in Economics.
- Presently he is working at Katherine Dusak Miller Distinguished Service Professor of Finance at the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago.
US approves sale of THAAD missiles to Saudi Arabia
- The US State Department has approved the sale of Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) – anti-missile defence system to Saudi Arabia.
- The deal includes 44 THAAD launchers and 360 missiles along with the fire control stations and radars at an estimated cost of $15 billion (₹98,000 crore).
85th anniversary of Hindon Air Force base celebrated in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
- The 85th anniversary of Hindon Air Base has been celebrated by Indian Air Force (IAF) in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Related Points – Hindon Air Base
- It is an Indian Air Force base under the Western Air Command (WAC).
- It is the biggest and largest air base in Asia and 8th in the world.
PAN and Aadhaar Card not required for jewellery purchase of above ₹50,000
- The GST council meeting has decided not to make PAN and Aadhaar Card mandatory for the purchase of jewellery above ₹50,000.
- The government has revoked the notification that extended provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
Kundan Shah – Veteran Film maker passes away
- Kundan Shah – Veteran Film maker/director passes away at the age of 69 due to heat attack.
- He was best known for his dark comedy Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro.
So these are the daily updates for 7-8 October Current Affairs
You can take Quiz of 7-8 October Current Affairs
Hope you have learnt today. Share your feedback in the comment box.
Hey friends, do like us on Facebook for Daily Updates about newly published content –
Join our Facebook Group for any discussion or query –