Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 7 August Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 7 August Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
7 August Current Affairs
India’s maiden B-Hub for biotech, pharma sector set up in Telangana
- To become the “Pharma capital of India”, Telangana govt is all set to initiate a biotech and pharma facility, B-Hub that will be nation’s first organised cluster for life sciences Research & Development
- It will set up through PPP (Public-Private Partnership) model on 40,000 square feet.
- The outlay of the project is Rs. 60 crore.
5th Act East Business Show 2018 was held in Shillong, Meghalaya
- The 5th Act East Business Show 2018 was held in Shillong, Meghalaya.
- It was aimed to strengthen business ties between ASEAN countries and northeastern states.
- It was organised by Indian Chamber of Commerce along with Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER).
World’s introductory high energy storage device built in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh
- The world’s introductory thermal battery has been unveiled in Amravati, Andhra Pradesh.
- It has been manufactured by the Bharat Energy Storage Technology Private Limited (BEST).
- The outlay of the project is Rs 660 crore.
- It aimed at using renewable sources for energy production and will be used to store energy for telecommunication, commercial establishments, electric vehicles and highway charging stations.
73rd Hiroshima day observed on August 6
- The 73rd anniversary of Hiroshima day was observed on August 6.
- On 6 August 1945, the US bomber Enola Gay dropped the first atomic bomb nicknamed “Little Boy” on Hiroshima, Japan.
- The Atomic Bomb Dome was designated as a World Heritage Site in 1996.
Netherland clinched the title of Women’s Hockey World Cup 2018
- The Netherland has won the trophy of Women’s Hockey World Cup 2018 that was held in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London.
- Netherland has defeated Ireland by 6-0 to win the title for 8th time.
- Ireland was followed by Spain whereas India stood at 8th position.
India’s first humanoid robot “Rashmi” has developed
- Hailing from Ranchi, the 38 years old, Ranjit Srivastava has developed Rashmi, India’s first humanoid robot, which can speak Hindi, Bhojpuri, Marathi and English.
- Rashmi is the Indian version of “Sophia”, a social humanoid robot developed by a Hong Kong based company.
- The robot uses linguistic interpretation (LI), artificial intelligence (AI), visual data and facial recognition systems.
About Ranjit Srivastava
He is the Proprietor of Lotus Communication, a software company based in Ranchi. He has developed several software for state government and also received national recognition.
Ajay Data became the first Indian to be named as member of ICANN panel ccNSO
- Ajay Data became the first Indian to be designated as member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organisation (ccNSO).
- He will also act as the custodian of Asia, Australia and Pacific Islands as a member of ccNSO.
- He is the founder and CEO of Data XGen Plus.
- ccNSO is policy-development body for global issues regarding country code top-level domains (ccTLD) within the ICANN structure.
Hope the above updates of 7 August Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 7 August Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!