Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 9 August Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 9 August Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
9 August Current Affairs
Centre has named S Gurumurthy & Satish Marathe as part-time Directors on RBI board
- Centre has designated S Gurumurthy and Satish Marathe as the part-time directors on the Reserve Bank of India board for a period of 4 years.
- S Gurumurthy is the editor of Tamil political weekly Thuglak and the co-convener of RSS affiliate Swadeshi Jagran Manch.
- Satish Marathe is the patron of an NGO Sahakar Bharati.
SBI has launched POS machine named MOPAD
- The largest bank of India, State Bank of India has launched a payments machine called MOPAD – Multi Option Payment Acceptance Device.
- This Point of Sale (PoS) terminal will facilitate transactions from cards to QR code based payments.
- It would accept payments through UPI, Bharat QR, and SBI Buddy wallet.
- Now, customers can make the payment by scanning QR code, without any need of card.
51st ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meet was held in Singapore
- The 51st ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting was held in Singapore, focusing on multilateral trade, Internet security, counter-terrorism, smart cities, regional security and people-to-people exchanges.
- This meet was held on the lines of 33rd ASEAN Summit that will be held in November 2018 to be held in Singapore.
Bihar govt has initiated Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana for empowerment of girls
- Bihar has launched Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana for women empowerment.
- The outlay of the scheme is Rs 7221 crore.
- The scheme will be implemented by education, health and social welfare department of the state.
- The scheme aims to provide Rs 54,100 from the birth of a girl child till she graduates.
PHDCCI inked MoU with CNI to set up Indo-Nepal Centre
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) and Confederation of Nepalese Industries (CNI) signed an accord to establish India-Nepal Centre.
- The MoU aims to enhance Indian investment in Nepal and strengthening economic engagement between both nations.
Related Points Nepal
- Capital – Kathmandu
- Currency – Nepalese rupee
World’s largest bird sculpture Jatayu sculpture to be unveiled in Kerala
- The world’s largest bird sculpture, the Jatayu sculpture will be inaugurated at the Jatayu Earth Center (JEC) at Chadayamangalam in Kollam district, Kerala.
- The mythical bird “Jatayu” is a character in the Ramayana.
- JEC is the place where the mythical bird ‘Jatayu’ fell after its wings were slain by Ravana.
- The sculpture is 200 feet long, 150 feet wide and 65 feet tall.
- Outlay – Rs. 100 crore
Former Tamilnadu CM and leader of DMK Mr.M Karunanidhi Passed away
- The chief of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) and five-time Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Muthuvel Karunanidhi passes away at the age of 94.
- He served as Chief Minister in 1969,1971,1989,1996 & 2006.
- He worked in the Tamil film industry as a screenwriter before joining politics.
Hope the above updates of 9 August Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 9 August Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!