The Punjab Budget 2017-18 was presented by Hon’ble Finance Minister S. Manpreet Singh Badal on 20.7.2017.
Some highlights of the budget are given below:
- The layout of the current budget is 18 lakh crore.
- Social Security pension has been increased from Rs 500 to Rs 750 per month.
- Unemployment allowance has been increased from Rs 1500 to Rs 2100 Per month.
- Electricity supply to industrial sector will be provided at Rs 5 per unit.
- For real estate sector or urban Punjab, stamp duty has been reduced from 9% to 6%.
- Rs 1500 crore has been allocated for providing debt relief to farmers.
For government School education:
- Rs 21 crore for furniture purchase.
- Rs 10 crore to make computers available to primary schools.
- Rs 5.25 crore provided for green bonds.
- Rs 10 crore allocated for free smartphones to youth.
For higher education:
- Free wi-fi facility for all 48 government colleges.
- Rs 15 crore allocated for five degree colleges in backward areas of Punjab.
- Grants for Punjab University Chandigarh increased from 26 crores to 33 crore.
- A medical college at Mohali.
Hope you have learnt today.
Please share your feedback in comments section.
Subscribe and Keep Sharing!
Article shared by –
Hey friends, do like us on Facebook for Daily Updates about newly published content –
Join our Facebook Group for any discussion or query –