Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of September 13 Current Affairs. The September 13 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are September 13 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
September 13 Current Affairs
MEA and TCIL inks agreement for implementation of e-VBAB in Africa
- Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd (TCIL) have signed agreement for implementation of e-VidyaBharati and e-AarogyaBharati (e-VBAB) Network Project in Africa.
- The project is digital bridge of knowledge and health between India and Africa.
- It is technological upgrade and extension of Pan-African e-Network Project (Phase 1) which was implemented across Africa from 2009 till 2017.
- This project will provide free tele-education courses to 4000 students every year from African countries.
- It will also be utilized for providing free continuing medical education (1000 every year) doctors, nurses, para-medical staff from Africa.
- Further, Indian doctors, through this project will also provide free medical consultancy to those African doctors who seek such consultancy.
Vibha Padalkar has been elevated as MD and CEO of HDFC Life
- HDFC Standard Life has designated, Vibha Padalkar, the executive director and Chief financial officer, as its the Managing director and CEO.
- She will succeed Amitabh Chaudhary, who joined Axis Bank as MD and CEO for a period of 3 years.
- She is an awardee of “CFO-Women of the year award”.
- Suresh Badami, the Chief Distribution Officer, as a whole-time director of the company for a period of three years.
Related Points HDFC Standard Life
- Establishment – 2000
- Headquarter – Mumbai
ASCI has appointed former PepsiCo India head D Shivakumar as its Chairman
- Advertising watchdog, Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI), has named D Shivakumar, as its Chairman for a period of 3 years.
- Presently, he is serving as Group Executive President, Corporate Strategy at Aditya Birla Group.
- D Shivakumar is the former head of PepsiCo India.
- Sony Pictures Networks India President, Rohit Gupta, elected as Vice-Chairman.
- Media Brands CEO Shashidhar Sinha was named as honorary treasurer.
Cabinet has givent its consent to New Umbrella Scheme “PM-AASHA”
- On the lines of the announcement made during Union Budget 2018, PM Modi has approved the new Umbrella Scheme “Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan” (PM-AASHA).
- The scheme aimed to provide remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce.
- It includes three sub-schemes i.e. Price Support Scheme (PSS), Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS) and pilot of Private Procurement & Stockist Scheme (PDPS).
- The outlay for the implementation of “PM-AASHA” scheme is Rs 15,053 cr.
- This scheme will also pave the way for doubling farmers’ income by 2022.s
India has inked MoU with Brunei Darussalam for cooperation in the field of Space Research
- Union cabinet has inked a MoU with Brunei Darussalam on Cooperation in the operation of Telemetry Tracking and Telecommand station for satellite and launch vehicles, and for cooperation in the field of Space Research, Science and Applications.
- The MoU will support India’s launch vehicle and satellite missions.
- The MoU also enables to explore newer research activities in ground station operations and training on space technology applications.
Related Points Brunei Darussalam
- Currency- Brunei Dollar
- Capital – Bandar Seri Begawan
ASI discovers 254 copper coins belonging to the medieval period in the premises of Khirki Mosque
- The Archaeological Survey of India has discovered a hoard of 254 Copper Coins in the premises of Khirki Mosque, New Delhi.
- The mosque was built by Khan-i-Jahan Junan Shah, the Prime Minister (Wazir) of Firoz Shah Tughluq (Sultan of Delhi from 1351-88).
- After observation, it was believed that some of the coins belong to the reign of Shershah Suri and his successors.
IPPB joined hands with FSS to offer banking solutions to financially underserved customer segments
- India Post Payments Bank has joined hands with Financial Software and Systems (FSS), a leading payments technology and transaction processing systems.
- The partnership will offer banking solutions to financially underserved customer segments, especially rural households, small and medium enterprises and women.
- It will bring customers and merchants into the digital payments mainstream.
Related Points IPPB
- Establishment – Sept, 2018
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- MD & CEO – Suresh Seth
ASEAN World Economic Forum initiated in Hanoi, Veitnam
- The ASEAN World Economic Forum began in Hanoi, Veitnam.
- The theme of 2018 World Economic Forum was “ASEAN 4.0: Entrepreneurship and the Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
- The forum saw the participation of 1, 000 representatives from 43 countries.
Related Points Veitnam
- Capital – Hanoi
- Currency – Vietnamese dong
- Prime Minister – Nguyen Xuan Phuc
- President – Tran Dai Quang
Samsung launched world’s largest mobile experience centre in Bengaluru
- Samsung has opened world’s largest mobile experience centre at Opera House, Bengaluru.
- The experiences offered include: virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence and Internet of Things.
- Customers can pre-book the home theatre zone at the experience centre for watching movies and shows. It has a service centre for phones and high-speed public Wi-Fi.
- It also has a home appliance zone. Samsung will put up the biggest display of mobile accessories on a 24-feet wall at the centre.
Hope the above updates of 13 September Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 13 September Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –