Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 16 August Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 16 August Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
16 August Current Affairs
David Silva announced his retirement from international football
- The 32 years old, Manchester City midfielder, David Silva of Spain, has announced his retirement from international football.
- He is named as “Spain’s Lionel Messi”.
- He made 125 appearances and scored 35 goals over 12 years.
Akshay Kumar Singh named as the Director-Pipeline of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
- Akshay Kumar Singh has been appointed as the Director (Pipelines) of Indian Oil Corp (IOC).
- He will be responsible for IOC’s 13,400-km network of crude oil, petroleum product and gas.
- The 57 years old has 32 years of experience in the petroleum and natural gas sector.
- He served as Executive Director (Project) of GAIL in 2013.
Centre has designated D Bala Venkatesh Varma as the new envoy of India to Russia
- Centre has appointed the 1988 batch IFS officer, D Bala Venkatesh Varma as the Ambassador of India to Russia.
- He will succeed Pankaj Saran, who has been named as the deputy National Security Advisor.
- Currently, he is serving as the Indian envoy in Spain.
Related Points Russia
- Capital – Moscow
- Currency – Russian ruble
Anandiben Patel sworn in as the new Governor of Chhattisgarh
- Madhya Pardesh Governor Anandiben Patel has been appointed as the Governor of Chhattisgarh.
- She has been given the additional charge as governor of state following the death of Balramji Dass Tandon.
- She is the former Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar named as Brand Ambassador for Road Safety Campaigns
- Union Ministry for Road Transport has named film actor Akshay Kumar as the Brand Ambassador for Road Safety Campaigns.
- To create public awareness regarding road safety the ministry has launched three short films featuring Akshay Kumar.
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation – Nitin Gadkari
REC inked pact with German bank for 200 mn euro loan for energy projects in India
- On the sidelines of under Indo-German development cooperation, Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has signed a loan agreement with German bank KfW in Frankfurt for EUR 200 million.
- The loan would be used to finance clean energy projects in India.
- REC finances and promotes rural electrification projects across India.
Telangana govt publicized two schemes on 72nd Independence day
- Telengana govt has initiated two schemes viz. Rythu Bima and Kanti Velugu on the occasion of 72nd Independence day.
- Rythu Bima, will provided life insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh to every farmer aged between 18 and 59 years.
- While Kanti Velugu aimed to provide free eye care service covering eye screening, free medicines, spectacles and free surgeries.
Related Points Telangana
- Chief Minister – Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
- Capital – Hyderabad
- Governor – Narasimhan
Hope the above updates of 16 August Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 16 August Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!