Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 19 July Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 19 July Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
19 July Current Affairs
Central government has appointment of Prof Sahasrabudhe as AICTE chairman
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has re-appointed Prof Anil D Sahasrabudhe as the chairman of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) till he attains the position of 65 years.
- He was appointed as AICTE Chairman in July 2015.
- AICTE is under the aegis of Department of Higher Education.
Tata Capital has named Anil Kaul as MD of Tata Capital Housing Finance
- Tata Capital has designated Anil Kaul as the Managing Director of Tata Capital Housing Finance.
- He will succeed R Vaithianathan.
- With more than 20 years of experience, he served senior positions at ICICI Bank, ICICI Lombard, Citibank, Standard Chartered Plc.
Related Points Tata Capital
- Parent organization – Tata Group
- CEO – Rajiv Sabharwal
Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan named among Forbes Top 100 highest-paid entertainers
- The Bollywood actors Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan have been included in the Forbes list of top 100 highest-paid entertainers that was made on the basis of the money the actors earned during the years 2017-2018.
- Akshay Kumar has been placed at 76th with earnings of $40.5mn.
- While, Salman Khan positioned at 82nd with earnings of $37.7mn.
- The list has been topped by Floyd Mayweather (Professional boxer) with an earnings of 275 mn followed by George Clooney, Kylie Jenner, Judy Sheindlin and Dwayne Johnson.
Walmart, Microsoft joined hands to take on Amazon
- Walmart and Microsoft have joined hand for a period of 5 years to take on Amazon in both technology and retail segment.
- As a part of partnership, Walmart will use Microsoft’s cloud services including Azure and Microsoft 365.
- Among amazon’s competitors, Walmart is Amazon’s biggest retail competitor while Microsoft is its cloud competitor.
- Walmart CEO – Doug McMillon
- Microsoft CEO – Satya Narayana Nadella
Jammu & Kashmir Bank has launched its maiden All-Women branch
- In order to enhance women empowerment, the Jammu & Kashmir Bank has started its “All-Women Bank branch”.
- The all women branch will provide special services and products for women clients’ viz. Pink Gold Saving Scheme, Pink Platinum Saving Scheme, Special Loan Facility for Women Entrepreneurs, Pink Gold Debit Card and Pink Platinum Credit Card.
- The branch is consisting of 13 women staff members.
- Headquarters: Srinagar
- CEO: Parvez Ahmad
- Tagline – Serving to empower
FinMin has approved the capital infusion of Rs 11,336 cr in 5 PSU Banks
- The Finance Ministry headed by Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, has given its consent to infuse capital of Rs 11,336 crore in 5 public sector banks.
- The banks in which capital is infused are Punjab National Bank (PNB), Andhra Bank, Corporation Bank, Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank.
- This capital support will enable banks to make interest payments on additional Tier 1 bonds issued by them.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) 2816 cr
- Corporation Bank 2555 cr
- Indian Overseas Bank 2157 cr
- Andhra Bank 2019 cr
- Allahabad Bank 1790 cr
Indo-US Bilateral Defence Cooperation DITI was held in New Delhi
- 7th Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) meeting between India and United States was held in New Delhi.
- The aim of the meet was co-production and co-development of defence equipment.
- During the meet, US has named India as its “Major Defence Partner”.
- DITI is Indo-US 2+2 dialogue, held twice a year, alternately in India and the USA.
Nelson Mandela International Day observed on July 18
- Nelson Mandela International Day is observed annually to mark the birth anniversary of Nelson Mandela.
- This year 2018 marked as his 100th birth anniversary.
- Nelson Mandela is the late President of South Africa, who spent 27 years in prison in his struggle against racism, poverty and social injustice.
Neeraj Chopra grabbed gold at Sotteville Athletics Meet in France
- Hailing from Panipat, the 20 year old, Neeraj Chopra has clinched gold medal at the Sotteville Athletics Meet in France in javelin throw event.
- He made a throw of 85.17m followed by Moldova’s Andrian Mardare (81.48m) and Lithuania’s Edis Matusevicius (79.31m).
Other wins by Neeraj Chopra
- Gold medal in the 2016 World Junior Championship.
- Gold medal at the Commonwealth Games 2018 in Gold Coast, Australia.
India grabbed 9 medals in 7th World Junior Wushu championships
- India won 9 medals consisting of 4 Silver and 5 Bronze in 7th World Junior Wushu championships which was held in Brasilia, Brazil.
- The Championship title was clinched by Iran followed by Hong Kong and America.
- The World Junior Wushu Championships (WJWC) is the official world championship event held biennially by the International Wushu Federation.
Hope the above updates of 19 July Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 19 July Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!