Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 2 January Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 2 January Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
2 January Current Affairs
“Saubhagya Yojana” to provide electricity launched by Jharkhand
- “Saubhagya Yojana” has been launched by Jharkhand to provide electricity to all 29,376 villages in the state.
- The programme aims to provide electricity to 17.64 lakh families in the village and 1.64 families in the urban areas by December 2018.
Related Points – Jharkhand
- Capital – Ranchi
- CM – Raghubar Das
Arunachal Pradesh declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) State
- Arunachal Pradesh has been declared as Open Defecation Free (ODF) state.
- It is the second state in the North-east to be declared as ODF after Sikkim.
Related Points – Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital – Itanagar
- CM – Pema Khandu
2018 declared as Telugu promotion year by Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh CM N. Chandrababu Naidu has declared 2018 as Telugu promotion year.
- The CM has made the announcement at 29th edition of Annual Book Exhibition of Vijayawada.
Related Points – Andhra Pradesh
- Capitals – Hyderabad, Amaravati
SBI cuts base rate by 30 basis points to 8.65%
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has cut down the base rate by 30 basis points to 8.65% from 8.95% for existing customers.
- The bank has also reduced Benchmark Prime Lending Rate (BPLR) from 13.70% to 13.40%.
Related Points – SBI
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairperson – Rajnish Kumar
- Base Rate – It is the minimum rate set up by RBI below which banks are not allowed to lend its customers.
Solo, visually impaired and amputee climbers banned by Nepal
- Nepal has banned solo, visually impaired and amputee climbers to scale its mountains including Mount Everest.
- The law has been revised to make mountaineering safer and to decrease deaths.
Related Points – Nepal
- Capital – Kahthmandu
- Currency – Nepalese Rupee
- PM – Sher Bahadur Deuba
- President – Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Pankaj Jain – IIFCL Managing Director
- Pankaj Jain has been appointed as Managing Director of India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd. (IIFCL).
- He is also working as Joint Secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS).
Parker Solar Probe to be launched by NASA to explore sun’s outer atmosphere
- Parker Solar Probe to be launched by NASA in 2018 to explore the sun’s outer atmosphere.
- The probe will be launched on-board of Delta IV Heavy launch vehicle to perform its scientific investigations in a hazardous region of intense heat and solar radiation.
About Parker Solar Probe mission –
- The probe has been built and designed by Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
- It is the first NASA spacecraft named after living person – Eugene Parker – Solar Astrophysicist.
Shiv Kapur – Indian Golfer won Royal Cup held in Thailand
- Shiv Kapur – Indian Golfer has won Royal Cup golf tournament held in Pattaya, Thailand at the Phoenix Gold Golf and Country Club.
Ananta Ojha – Odia Playwriter, jatra (theatre) actor and director passes away
- Ananta Ojha – Odia Playwriter, jatra (theatre) actor and director passed away at the age of 59 due to prolonged illness.
Hope the above updates of 2 January Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 2 January Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!