Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 24 June Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 24 June Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
24 June Current Affairs
United Nations Public Service Day observed on June 23
- The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated annually on June 23.
- The day highlights the contribution of public service in the development process and also encourages young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
- Theme 2018 – “Transforming governance to realize the Sustainable Development Goals”
International Olympic Day celebrated worldwide in June 23
- International Olympic Day is celebrated annually to commemorate the birth of modern Olympic games on June 23, 1894 at Sorbonne in Paris.
- Olympic day was introduced in 1948.
- It is an international Olympic Movement activity promoting mass participation of sports held in June organized by National Olympic Committees (NOCs).
Heena Sidhu tops selection trial at 18th KSS Memorial Shooting Championship
- Former World No.1 Heena Sidhu of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) topped the selection trials 5 in the 10M Air Pistol Women category at the Dr. Karni Shooting Range in the 18th KSS Memorial Shooting Championship.
- Punjab’s Harveen Sarao who clinched a bronze in the 10M Air Pistol event had to settle for second spot with a score of 240.3.
- Double gold medallist at the 2010 Commonwealth Games Rahi Sarnobat took the third spot with a 217.7.
ACC has named Arijit Basu as the new Managing Director of State Bank of India
- The appointments committee of the cabinet (ACC) has designated Arijit Basu as the new Managing Director of State Bank of India for a period of 2 years.
- He served as managing director of SBI Life Insurance.
- As per the SBI Act, the bank can have four managing directors.
Related Points SBI
- Headquarter – Mumbai
- Chairperson – Rajnish Kumar
- Tagline – With you all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation’s banks on us.
S Balasubramanian appointed as the Bharti Infratel CFO
- Mobile tower firm Bharti Infratel has appointed Balasubramanian as new chief financial officer (CFO).
- He will succeed Pankaj Miglani.
- Presently, he is leading a cross-functional project team on integration of operations, post the acquisition of Telenor.
Related Points Bharti Infratel
- CEO – Devender Singh Rawat
- Parent organization – Bharti Airtel
Abhay V. Udeshi appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- Director at Jayant Agro Group, Abhay V. Udeshi has been appointed as the President of International Castor Oil Association (ICOA).
- He has graduated from MS University of Baroda in B.E in Chemical Engineering.
- ICOA is an organization involved in growing, processing, trading, marketing and/or consuming Castor Oil.
Indian contingent, part of UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan, presented UN “selfless service” medal
- The 7 Garhwal Rifles Infantry Battalion Group, of Indian Army, part of UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan was awarded the United Nations Medal for “selfless service”.
- Number of military and civil dignitaries, including Brig Gen Mohammed Al Masoom, Commander United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), and a host of senior commanders of various nationalities also attended the ceremony.
Hope the above updates of 24June Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 24 June Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!