Hello Readers. We provide daily current affairs which are important from examination point of view and let you enable to score high in the current affairs section, which will also enhance your overall scores. Here are the 29 October Current Affairs.
29 October Current Affairs
#AsktheSpokesperson – Initiative launched on Twitter by Ministry of External Affairs
- The Ministry of External Affairs has launched an initiative – #AsktheSpokesperson on Twitter to make general public aware and understand foreign policies.
- The ministry has also launched its LinkedIn profile.
- Under this initiative, the ministry will invite public to ask questions on India Foreign Policy and selected questions will be responded live by the Official Spokesperson in every two months.
Varanasi and Barsana in Mathura declared as Sacred Pilgrimage Sites by UP government
- The Uttar Pradesh government has declared Mathura’s towns – Varanasi and Barsana as sacred pilgrimage sites (Pavitra Teerth Sthals).
- With this notification, the towns will be prohibited to have meat and liquor shops.
₹7000 crore for construction of 6 IITs campuses approved by Union Government
- The Union Government has approved ₹7000 crore for the construction of 6 Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) campuses.
- The campuses will be constructed at Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh), Palakkad (Kerala), Dharwad (Karnataka), Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir), Bhilai (Chattisgarh) and Goa.
14th SAARCLAW Conference held in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- The 14th South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW) has been held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The conference coincides with the 25th anniversary of SAARCLAW which was established in Sri Lanka along with the 11th SAARC Chief Justices Conference.
- The conference was held to discuss the emerging legal trends in South Asian countries.
- Theme – “Emerging Legal Trends in SAARC countries”.
N.J. Gangte – Next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Zambia
- J. Gangte has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Zambia.
- He is currently working as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
England – Winner of U-17 FIFA 2017 World Cup Final
- England defeated Spain to become the winner of U-17 FIFA 2017 World Cup held in Kolkata, India.
Sangram Dahiya won silver in ISSF World Cup Final held in New Delhi
- Sangram Dahiya has won silver medal in International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Final held in New Delhi.
- He shot 76 out of 80 targets, three shots behind the gold medallist – Hu Binyuan of China.
- Amanpreet Singh won bronze medal.
Patna Pirates clinched third successive Pro Kabaddi League title
- Patna Pirates clinched third successive Pro Kabaddi League title by defeating Gujarat Fortunegiants at Chennai’s Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor stadium.
So these are the daily updates for 29 October Current Affairs
You can take Quiz of 29 October Current Affairs
Hope you have learnt today. Share your feedback in the comment box.
Hey friends, do like us on Facebook for Daily Updates about newly published content –
Join our Facebook Group for any discussion or query –