Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 5 April Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 5 April Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
5 April Current Affairs
Ola acquires ticketing app Ridlr
- Ridlr, a public transport ticketing and commuting app has been acquired by cab aggregator Ola, which will enable the latter to integrate its mobile platform with public transportation infrastructure.
- Established in 2010, headquartered at Bengaluru, Ola provides cab services to general public.
- Established in 2012, Mumbai based Ridlr enables users to search and book public transport options on mobile phones.
World-Class tourist amenities embark on Konark Sun Temple
- A world-class interpretation centre and other tourist facilities for visitors’ unveiled at Konark Sun Temple, Odisha.
- The inauguration coincided with Utkal Diwas – Odisha’s foundation day.
- The visitor-friendly infrastructure and facilities have been developed by Indian Oil Foundation (IOF), a trust formed by Indian Oil Corporation.
- Due to the architecture marvel of the temple, govt has preferred Konark Sun Temple for the development of amenities.
E-way bill for inter-state movement of goods rolled out
- The electronic or e-way Bill System for Inter-State movement of goods comes into force with the beginning of the financial year 2018-19.
- The electronic way Bill system states that the movement of goods, worth over Rs 50,000, from one state to another will require to produce e-way bill before GST inspector.
- This system is an anti-evasion measure that would help boost tax collections.
- The system has been designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Karnataka is the only state, using e-way bill operations for intra-state (within the state) movement of goods.
India-Bangladesh container train service flagged off
- The first container train, carrying 60 containers (TEUs) with a maximum net weight of 27 tonnes in each TEU, from India to Bangladesh was flagged off from Majherhat station, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The container train will cut down costs and transportation time.
- The Train will take 24 hours to reach Bangladesh otherwise by road; a truck takes around a month to reach Bangladesh and 25 days for Customs clearance at the border.
Related Points Bangladesh
- Capital – Dhaka
- Currency – Bangladeshi taka
- President – Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
HDFC Bank signed MoU with Indian Army on defence salary package
- HDFC Bank signed MoU with the Indian Army to offer them salary accounts and a suite of banking products and services.
Benefits to Indian Army personnel who are having their accounts with HDFC bank
- Indian Army personnel will get other benefits like free personal accident death cover and free permanent disability cover of Rs 30 lakhs.
- The dependent child in case of accidental death of defence personnel will get free educational cover of upto Rs 1 Lakh per year for four years.
- They will also get 100% processing fees waived for Car Loans and Personal Loans.
Cabinet give its nod to MoU with Canada in research excellence and industry-academic collaboration
- The objective of the MoU is to enable researchers from both countries to undertake graduate level academic research mobility and cross-border industry-academic cooperation.
- Under graduate level academic research mobility programme, both countries will support upto 110 Masters and PhD student researchers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields in 3-year period.
- Eligible students from Indian universities will get chance to participate in 12 to 24 weeks research with Canadian university research laboratories and vice versa.
Related Points Canada
- Capital – Ottawa
- Currency – Canadian dollar
- Prime Minister – Justin Trudeau
Cabinet approved MoU on technical cooperation in rail sector with UAE
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Federal Transport Authority – Land & Maritime of UAE on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector.
- As a part of MoU, Indian railways interact and share latest developments and knowledge in railway sector followed by expert meetings and technical visits.
The MoU will enable technical cooperation in:
- Regulation, safety and technical investigation of accidents.
- Station redevelopment.
- Locomotives, coaches and wagons
Cabinet gives its stamp of approval to Protection of Human Rights (Amendments) Bill, 2018
- For better protection and promotion of human rights in the country, Union Cabinet has approved Protection of Human Rights (Amendments) Bill, 2018.
- The Bill will amend Protection of Human Rights, 1993 which was last amended in 2006.
Key features of Bill
- To include “National Commission for Protection of Child Rights” as deemed Member of the Commission.
- To add a woman Member in the composition of the Commission.
- To incorporate a mechanism to look after the cases of human rights violation in the Union Territories.
India had overtaken Japan to become second largest manufacturer of crude steel
- As per the numbers of Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI), India has overtaken Japan to become world’s second largest producer of crude steel.
- China is the largest producer of crude steel in the world, accounting for more than 50% of the production.
- India’s crude steel production rose by 4.4%, to stood at 93.11 million tonnes (MT) for period April 2017 to February 2018.
Union cabinet has given its nod to rightsizing of CCI
- The Cabinet has given its stamp of approval for rightsizing the watchdog Competition Commission of India (CCI) from 6 members to 3 members.
- Now, CCI will have one chairperson and three members.
- The objective behind the downsizing of members is “Minimum Government – Maximum Governance”.
Related Points CCI
- Establishment – 2003
- Headquarters – New Delhi
Hope the above updates of 5 April Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 5 April Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!