Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 8 August Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 8 August Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
8 August Current Affairs
UIIC has appointed S Gopakumar as its Director & GM
- United India Insurance Company has designated 57 years old, S Gopakumar as its Director and General Manager.
- Earlier, he was serving as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of GIC Housing Finance Ltd.
- He has more than 30 years of experience.
About United India Insurance
- Establishment – 1938
- Head Office – Chennai
Annual military exercise Maitree started between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army
- An annual joint military exercise between Indian Army and Royal Thai Army has initiated in Chachoengsao province, Thailand.
- The Indian Army contingent is consists of 45 personnel.
- The exercise aimed to enhance interoperability between forces from both countries.
Related Points Thailand
- Capital – Bangkok
- Currency – Thai baht
Holytech has joined hands with Andhra Pradesh for setting up electronics manufacturing plant
- Andhra Pradesh government has inked MoU with electronics company Holytech for set up its plant in state’s Tirupati and Chittoor districts.
- The Rs 1400 crores plant will be manufactured on 75 acres land.
- This first-of-its-kind facility in India will create 6000 direct and indirect job opportunities.
Related Points Andhra Pradesh
- Chief Minister – N. Chandrababu Naidu
- Capital – Amaravati
Parliament has given its nod for Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- In order to ensure strict punishment for those convicted rape of girls below 12 years of age, the Parliament has given its assent to Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
- The bill will replace Criminal Law Ordinance.
- As per bill, Fast-track special courts will be launched to exclusively handle rape cases.
- Only a woman judge will hear the rape case and a woman police officer will record the statement of rape victims.
Key Points of Bill
For rape of a girl under 12 years of age
- Minimum jail term of 20 years and it can be increased to life time imprisonment or death sentence.
For gang rape of a girl below 12 years of age
- Life imprisonment or death.
For rape of a girl below 16 years of age
- Minimum punishment has been increased from 10 to 20 years and it can be extended to life imprisonment.
For gang-rape of a girl below 16 years of age
- Imprisonment for the rest of the life of the convict.
India U-20 and U-16 football teams has clinched COTIF Cup and WAFF Cup respectively
- India’s under-20 football team has defeated Argentina by 2-1 to clinch the COTIF Cup, held in Valencia, Spain.
- India has participated in the tournament for the first time while Argentina is a 6 times youth World Cup winning team.
- The Under 16 West Asian Football Federation Cup (WAFF) also clinched by Indian team by defeating Iraq by 1-0.
- The tournament was held in Amman, Jordon.
Hope the above updates of 8 August Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 8 August Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!