Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 8 July Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 8 July Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
8 July Current Affairs
Manoj Kumar Pingua appointed as the MD of NFDC
- 1994 batch IAS officer from Chattisgarh cadre, Manoj Kumar Pingua, has been designated as the acting Manager of National Film Development Corporation (NFDC).
- Currently, he is serving as the joint secretary of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- He will succeed Nina Lath Gupta.
Related Points NFDC
- Establishment – 1975
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Owners – Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
SC judge AK Goel named as new Chairman of National Green Tribunal
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has designated Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel as new Chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT) for a period of 5 years.
- He will succeed Justice Jawad Rahim.
- He was the first Supreme Court judge from Haryana.
Related Points NGT
- Established on October, 2010 under NGT Act, 2010, it aimed at disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests.
SEBI has given its consent to Yes Bank to launch mutual fund business
- YES Bank received final regulatory consent from the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to start mutual fund business, named “YES Asset Management India Limited (YAMIL)”.
- The asset management company (AMC) will be set up as the wholly owned subsidiaries of Yes Bank.
Related Points Yes Bank
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- CEO – Rana Kapoor Experience our Expertise
UK’s town to be built as Amritsar’s twin city to honour Maharaja Duleep Singh
- In order to commemorate the last king of the Sikh Empire, Maharaja Duleep Singh, a small town Thetford of England will be converted into a twin city of Amritsar.
- The town was home to the Maharaja Duleep Singh and the city is celebrating the 125th death anniversary of the king.
International Day of Cooperatives celebrated on the 7th of July
- International Day of Cooperatives is celebrated annually on the first saturday of July to commemorate the establishment of the International Cooperative Alliance since 1995.
- Theme 2018 – “Sustainable consumption and production of goods and services”
Hope the above updates of 8 July Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 8 July Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!