Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of 9 July Current Affairs. The updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are 9 July Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
9 July Current Affairs
Muthoot Pappachan Group named Vidya Balan as its brand ambassador
- The financial services company, Muthoot Pappachan Group has designated actress Vidya Balan as its brand ambassador for a period of 2 years.
About Muthoot Pappachan Group
- Headquarters: Thiruvananthapuram
- CMD – Thomas John Muthoot
Knowledge Excellence Award for presented to Dr TK Chand
- The Knowledge Excellence Award has been conferred upon Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand at the 22nd International Conference on Non-Ferrous Minerals and Metals 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- The award recognized his outstanding contribution in aluminium knowledge domain.
Related Points Jharkhand
- Chief Minister – Raghubar Das
- Capital – Ranchi
- Governor – Draupadi Murmu
RBI cancels licence of Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank
- The apex bank of India has cancelled the licence of Alwar Urban Co-operative Bank in Alwar, Rajasthan as it is not in a position to pay its depositors in full and there is no scope for revival.
- The Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Rajasthan has also been requested to issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank
Dipa wins gold in Gymnastics World Cup 2018
- Indian Gymnast Dipa Karmakar has clinched gold medal in vault event by defeating Rifda Irfanaluthfi of Indonesia in FIG Atistic Gymnastics World Challenge Cup held at Mersin, Turkey.
- Goksu Uctas Sanli of Turkey won bronze medal.
- The competitions was organized and promoted by the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG).
Dipika Pallikal to represent Asia in CGF Athletes Advisory Commission
- Indian squash player Dipika Pallikal was appointed as Asia’s representative in the Athletes Advisory Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF).
- The CGF Athletes Advisory Commission (CGFAAC) has instructed 71 member Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs) to nominate an athlete.
- In this regard, India had proposed the name of Dipika Pallikal to represent Asia in the CGFAAC.
- Dipika Pallikal is a Commonwealth gold medallist.
Uttarakhand HC declared the entire animal kingdom as legal entities
- The Uttarakhand high court declared the entire animal kingdom, including birds and aquatic animals, as a legal entity having rights of a “living person”.
- This decision was taken by a bench of justices Rajiv Sharma and Lok Pal Singh by invoking Article 21 of the Constitution, that the animals can no longer be treated as properties.
- Last year, the court accorded the status of “living entity” to the Ganga and Yamuna rivers.
Meghalaya CM releases policy document on jackfruit mission
- On the occasion of Jackfruit Festival 2018, a policy document of the five year jackfruit mission has been released by the Meghalaya CM Conrad K Sangma.
- The theme of the festival was “The Humble Jack”.
- It is the flagship programme of the state govt to help the farmers to generate additional income from the fruit.
- The outlay of the mission is Rs 80 crore.
West Bengal initiated one person, one car policy for ministers and bureaurates
- In order to cut costs of the travel expenses of state, West Bengal govt has launched set a “one person one car” policy for ministers and bureaucrats.
- The policy will curb the situation of ministers who take advantage of multiple government vehicles.
- According to the policy, during domestic travels, ministers and bureaucrats must avail low-cost airline and travel economy class & Foreign travels would be sanctioned only by CM Mamta Banerjee.
Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence launched in Bengaluru
- A Centre of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (CoE – DSAI) has been launched in Bengaluru.
- The centre has been set up by National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) in collaboration with Karnataka govt.
- Its objective is to enhance Artificial Intelligence ecosystem.
Related Points NASSCOM
- Headquarters – Noida
- Chairperson – Rishad Premji
Gorakhpur launches “Stop JE/AES” mobile app to check encephalitis
- Gorakhpur administration in Uttar Pradesh launched an android based smart phone application named ‘Stop JE/AES’ to combat encephalitis (acute inflammation of the brain).
- It could be used on any smart phone even without internet. This app aims to provide timely medical assistance to people in remote areas.
- The ‘Stop JE/AES’ app enables users to avail immediate medical help by just pressing a button.
17th World Sanskrit Conference in Vancouver, Canada
- The 17th World Sanskrit Conference to be held at Vancouver, Canada from 9th July to 13th July, 2018.
- It’s objective is to promote, preserve and practice the Sanskrit language all over the world by the people.
- Around 500 scholars from over 40 countries are expected to participate in this conference. From India, HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar 10 scholars and two officers are Indian delegation participating
Hope the above updates of 9 July Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 9 July Current Affairs.
Share your feedback in the comments section.
Happy Learning !!