Hey Readers, we provide daily current affairs which are important from examination point of view and let you enable to score high in the current affairs section, which will also enhance your overall scores. Here are the May 24 Current Affairs.
SEVA – Mobile App launched for quick tracking of coal dispatch
- Saral Eindhan Vitaran App (SEVA) has been launched for quick tracking of coal dispatch.
- The app has been launched with the joint initiative of Union Ministry of State for Power, Coal, New Renewable Energy & Mines and Coal Indian Limited. (CIL)
- The consumer can will able to know the Transparency and Accountability in Coal dispatch.
- The app will track coal dispatch to 118 Power Plants through Fuel Supply Agreement (FSA) of around 500 million tonnes besides, dispatch through Special Forward E-Auction point and Bridge Linkage from more than 200 dispatch points spread over 8 states of the country.
Related Points –
- Union Minister of State for Power, Coal, New Renewable Energy & Mines – Piyush Goyal
- CIL Owner – Government of India
- CIL Headquarters – Kolkata, West Bengal
NISAR – World’s most expensive Earth Monitoring Satellite to be built by ISRO and NASA
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) have been collaborated to build an earth imaging satellite NASA – ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR).
- The collaboration has been done by signing an agreement by Charles Bolden, NASA Administrator and K Radhakhrishnan, Chairman ISRO.
- NASA will provide L-Band Synthetic aperture radar (SAR), which is a high-rate communication subsystem for science data, GPS receivers, a solid state recorder and payload data system.
- ISRO will provide satellite bus – S-Band synthetic aperture radar which will launch vehicle and associated launch services.
- The 3 axis stabilised NISAR will be launched into a Sun Synchronous dawn to dusk orbit with mission life of 3 years.
- The estimated cost of the satellite is over 1.5 billion dollars and is scheduled to be launched in 2021.
Related Points –
- NASA Headquarters – Washington DC
- NASA Motto – For the Benefit of All
- ISRO Headquarters – Bengaluru
- ISRO Motto – Space Technology in the Service of Humankind
- ISRO Director – A.S Kiran Kamar
Federal Bank launches new Trading Platform – “Selfie”
- Federal Bank has launched a new trading platform – “Selfie” which will provide live portfolio of investments and an advanced charting platform that enables the users to trade directly from the charts among others.
- The platform has been designed and managed by Geojit which is available for Android and IOS users.
Related Points – Federal Bank
- Headquarters – Kochi
- CEO – Shyam Srinivasan
- Tagline – Your Perfect Banking Partner
Robocop – World’s first Robot Police Officer recruited by Dubai
- World’s first Robot Police Officer – Robocop has been officially inducted by Dubai Police Force at 4th Gulf Information Security Expo and Conference (GISEC).
- Robocop is around 5-foot tall, weighs 100 kg and can identify hand gestures from a distance of 1.5 metres with people’s emotions and facial expressions.
- It speaks 6 different languages.
Related Points –Dubai
- Currency – UAE Dirham
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
Karnataka Bank signed an agreement with HDFC Asset Management
- Karnataka Bank has signed distribution agreement to sell mutual funds of HDFC Capital Asset Management Limited (HDFCAML).
- Both signed MOU in Mangaluru, Karnataka.
Return of Three Stone Sculptures from Australia to India – Exhibition inaugurated in National Museum, Delhi
- Union Culture and tourism minister Dr Mahesh Sharma has inaugurated an exhibition titled – Return of Three Stone Sculptures from Australia to India in National Museum, Delhi
- The exhibition is to mark the safe return of three stone sculptures (Seated Buddha, Worshippers of Buddha and Goddess Pratyangira) from Australia to India.
- These sculptures have been purchased from National Gallery of Australia in Canberra, Australia.
Light Utility Helicopter – LUH PT2 made its first flight in Bengaluru
- The second prototype of Light Utility Helicopter – LUH PT2 made its first flight of 22 minutes in Bengaluru.
- The 3 tonne LUH has been designed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. which reach a maximum height of 6.5 km and carry a payload of 400kg.
- It is designed to fly at 350 km at a speed of 220 kmph and will replace Chetak and Cheetah Helicopters.
JIO MAMI Film Festival – New Category Award for Excellence in Digital Content introduced
- JIO Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image (MAMI) film festival has introduced a new category – Award for Excellence in Digital Content as announced by Reliance Foundation.
- The winner of this award will receive a cash prize of ₹2.5 lakh.
Ozone2Climate Roadshow organised in Agra
- The Environment, Forest and Climate Change Ministry in association with UN Environment Ozone Action’s Compliance Assistance Programme has organised Ozone2Climate Roadshow in Agra.
- Shri Ajay Narayan Jha, Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change have inaugurated the roadshow.
- The Technology Roadshow was organised by Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Manufactures Association (RAMA), Indian Polyurethane Association (IPUA) and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
Debit Card for Farmers launched by IFFCO in collaboration with Bank of Baroda
- Indian Farmers Fertilisers Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) in collaboration with Bank of Baroda has launched Debit Cards for farmers.
- The farmers can use the card to make 30-day interest-free agri-input purchases (of IFFCO products only) upto ₹2500.
- 2 lakh debit cards will be launched initially to the farmers of the States of UP, Bihar, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
Airlander 10 – World’s largest Aircraft completes test flight
- World’s largest Aircraft Airlander 10 has successfully completed its test flight by flying 180 minutes in Cardington, United Kingdom (UK).
- It is a 92 meter-long and 43.5m wide hybrid ship which is partly plane and partly airship filled with helium gas.
- It can fly upto 6100m and reach speeds of 148 km per hour.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus – New Director General of WHO
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has been appointed as new Director General of World Health Organisation (WHO) for 5-year term.
- He will replace Margaret Chan.
Related Points – WHO
- Member of United Nations Development Group
- Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Shuva Mandal – New Group General Counsel of Tata Sons
- Tata Sons has appointed Shuva Mandal as New Group General Counsel of Tata Sons.
- He will replace Bharat Vasani
Ravichandaran Ashwin – International Cricketer of the Year by CCR Awards 2017
- Ravichandaran Ashwin won the International Cricketer of the Year award by CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) International Awards 2017.
- Shubhman Gill won the Young Player of the year award.
Hope you have learned today.
We have posted CA Quiz of the Day for your revision.
Please give your feedback in comments, we are ready to serve better. 🙂
Subscribe and Share !
Keep Visiting !
Happy Learning !