Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of November 12 Current Affairs. The November 12 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are November 12 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
November 12 Current Affairs
National education day observed on November 11
- National education day is observed annually on November 11 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, freedom fighter, educationist and the first Education Minister of independent India from 1947 to 1958.
- This day recalls the contribution of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad to education in India.
Book named “Yoga And Mindfulness” released
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book “Yoga and Mindfulness”.
- It has been authored by Yoga exponent, Mansi Gulati.
- This book helps in making yoga a part of your daily day life. It explains the link between physical exercises and mindfulness.
Jawahar Lal Sarin conferred with France’s highest civilian honour
- Jawahar Lal Sarin was conferred with France’s highest civilian honour Knight of the Legion of Honour.
- It was given by French Ambassador to India Alexandre Ziegler.
- He received the honor due to his outstanding contribution to enhancing Indo-French cultural cooperation and promoting the French language.
- He is currently the president of the governing body of Alliance Franaise.
Indian journalist Swati Chaturvedi wins 2018 London Press Freedom Award for Courage in UK
- Swati Chaturvedi, an Indian freelance journalist, won the 2018 London Press Freedom Award for Courage.
- She was one among the four worldwide winners who received awards at the ceremony.
- She is the author of the book ‘I am a Troll: Inside the Secret World of the BJP’s Digital Army’.
Ashok Kumar Gupta appointed as the chairman of Competition Commission of India
- Former IAS officer Ashok Kumar Gupta has been designated as the chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- He will succeed Sudhir Mittal.
- The appointment would be till October 25, 2022, the date when he attains the age of 65 years or until further orders, whichever is the earliest.
Centre cleared appointments of Chief Justices of 4 High Courts
The Central government cleared the appointment of Chief Justices of 4 High Courts namely: Allahabad, Patna, Madhya Pradesh and Tripura.
- Justice Govind Mathur, was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- Justice A P Sahi, was appointed the Chief Justice of Patna HC.
- Justice S K Seth, was appointed as the Chief Justice of the MP High Court.
- Justice Sanjay Karol, was appointed as the Chief Justice of Tripura HC.
Abhay Kumar appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Madagascar
- IFS officer of 2003 batch, Abhay Kumar, has been named as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Madagascar.
- Currently, he is serving as the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) at the Indian Embassy of Brasilia.
- He will succeed Subir Dutta. He will take up this assignment soon.
Palau became the First Country in the World to ban Reef-Killing Sunscreen
- Palau became the first country in the world to impose a ban on sunscreens toxic to coral reefs.
- The laws passed by the Western Pacific nation will go into effect in 2020.
- According to the law, retailers will be fined $1,000 for selling sunscreens that contain 10 chemicals deemed harmed for coral and marine life.
- This is part of a larger push to reduce the impact of tourism on the archipelago.
Hope the above updates of 12 November Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 12 November Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –