Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of November 3 Current Affairs. The November 3 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are November 3 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
November 3 Current Affairs
International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists observed on November 2
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists is observed annually on November 2 to promote a safe and enabling environment for journalists to do their work independently and without interference.
- This day commemorate the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2nd November 2013.
Rahul Dravid inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Former Indian cricket captain Rahul Dravid has been officially inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
- He was named in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame along with Australia’s Ricky Ponting and England’s Claire Taylor at the ICC Annual Conference in Dublin in July 2018.
- With this, he became the 5th Indian cricketer to be formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame after: Bishen Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Anil Kumble.
India’s maiden indigenous microprocessor “Shakti” developed by IIT-Madras
- India’s first microprocessor, Shakti, has been designed and booted up by Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IITM).
- The objective behind this development is to reduce reliance on imported microprocessors in the communication and defence sectors.
- The Shakti processors were made at semi-conductor laboratory (SCL) of ISRO in Chandigarh.
- The project is funded by Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Atul Goel designated as MD and CEO of UCO Bank
- Atul Kumar Goel has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of UCO Bank.
- He will succeed RK Takkar, who has bowed out from his services on November 1.
- Earlier, Atul Kumar Goel was executive director of Union Bank of India.
- He has worked in various segments like corporate credit, foreign exchange and treasury.
Justice Ramesh Ranganathan appointed Chief Justice of Uttarakhand
- Justice Ramesh Ranganathan was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Uttrakhand High Court.
- He will succeed KM Joseph who was promoted to the Supreme Court.
- He served as the Government Pleader from 1996 to 2000.
- He was Additional Advocate General from 2000 to 2004.
Supreme Court gets 4 new judges: Justices Hemant Gupta, R Subhash Reddy, MR Shah and Ajay Rastogi
- Justices Hemant Gupta, R Subhash Reddy, M R Shah and Ajay Rastogi were sworn in as judges of the Supreme Court.
- The Supreme Court has a sanctioned strength of 31.
- With the induction of these new judges, the strength has increased from 24 to 28.
Their earlier profiles:
- Justice Hemant Gupta was the chief justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- R Subhash Reddy was the chief justice of Gujarat High Court.
- Justice M R Shah was the chief justice of the Patna High Court.
- Justice Ajay Rastogi was the chief justice of the Tripura High Court.
First Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health held in Geneva
- The 3 day long 1st Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health concluded at the World Health Organisation’s headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Theme of the conference was: “Improving Air Quality, Combatting Climate Change-Saving Lives”.
- It aimed to combat one of the world’s most significant causes of premature death: Air Pollution.
Decommissioned carrier INS Viraat to become a floating museum: Maharashtra cabinet
- Maharashtra Cabinet has approved the conversion of decommissioned carrier INS Viraat into a floating museum.
- The outlay of the project is 852 crore and will be implemented through public-private-partnership (PPP).
- The decision was aimed to make the new generation familiar with the glorious history of world’s oldest aircraft carrier, INS Viraat.
- The carrier will be housed on a concrete foundation near Nivati Rocks in Sindhudurg in Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Hope the above updates of 3 November Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 3 November Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –