Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of November 5 Current Affairs. The November 5 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are November 5 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
November 5 Current Affairs
Simone Biles made record by clinching 13th world championship gold medal
- Simone Biles became the first ever gymnast to win 13 world championship gold medals, by winning her 13th gold medal at the world gymnastics championships in Doha, Qatar.
- She has surpassed the record of 12 world championship gold medals by Belarusian Vitaly Scherbo in 1996.
- Hailing from America, the 21 years old, become the first American gymnast to win a world championship medal on all four events.
Offshore patrol vessel ICGS Varaha launched
- Indian Coast Guard has launched a new offshore patrol vessel named ICGS Varaha from a corporate shipyard near Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- This is the 3rd vessel in a series of 7 similar ships to be handed over to the Coast Guard.
- It will be soon equipped with advanced navigation and communication equipment, sensors and machineries.
- The weapons will include a 30 mm gun with Fire Control Systems. It will be able to carry a twin-engine helicopter and 4 high-speed boats for Search and Rescue and Maritime Patrol.
Centre has named Dinkar Asthana as the next Ambassador of India to Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- IFS officer of 1990 batch, Dinkar Asthana, has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
- He will succeed Ravi Shankar Aisola.
- Currently, he is serving as the Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
Related Points Laos:
- Capital – Vientiane
- Currency – Kip
18th Indian Ocean Rim Association Council of Ministers Meeting held in Durban, South Africa
- 18th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of Ministers Meeting was held in Durban, South Africa.
- The Theme of the IORA meeting was: “IORA: Uniting the Peoples of Africa, Asia, Australasia and the Middle East through enhanced cooperation for Peace, Stability And Sustainable Development”.
- South Africa is the current chairman of the IORA organization.
- India was represented by: Gen.(Dr.) VK Singh (Retd.), Minister of State for External Affairs.
Hope the above updates of 5 November Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 5 November Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –