Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of November 6 Current Affairs. The November 6 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are November 6 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
November 6 Current Affairs
World Tsunami Awareness Day observed on November 5
- World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed annually on November 5 to create awareness about tsunami and share innovative approaches to risk reduction.
- This day also honour the Japanese story of “Inamura-no-hi”, which means the “burning of the rice sheaves”. In 1854, during an earthquake, a farmer set fire to his entire harvest to warn villagers about Tsunami.
Rolex Paris Masters 2018 (Tennis Tournament) concluded
- The 47th edition of annual tennis tournament for male tennis players, Rolex Paris Masters 2018, was held on the hard surfaces of AccorHotels Arena in Paris, France.
- It was a part of the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) World Tour Masters 1000 on the ATP Tour.
Men’s Singles Karen Khachanov (Russia)
Men’s Doubles Marcel Granollers (Spain), Rajeev Ram (United States)
SaarLorLux Open 2018 (badminton tournament) concluded
- SaarLorLux Open 2018 badminton tournament, was held in Saarbrucken, Germany.
- It was a part of 10th Super 100 tournament of the 2018 BWF World Tour.
- Total prize money for the tournament was $75,000.
Men’s Singles Subhankar Dey (India)
Women’s Singles Cai Yanyan (China)
Men’s Doubles Marcus Ellis, Chris Langridge (England)
Women’s Doubles Gabriela Stoeva, Stefani Stoeva (Bulgaria)
Mixed Doubles Marcus Ellis, Lauren Smith (England)
Centre has named Sanjay Kumar Verma as the next Ambassador of India to Japan
- 1988 batch, IFS officer, Sanjay Kumar Verma has been designated as the next Ambassador of India to Japan.
- Presently, he is serving as the Additional Secretary at Headquarter of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
Related Points Japan:
- Capital – Tokyo
- Currency – Japanese yen
Centre has appointed Nina Tshering La as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Congo
- Ms Nina Tshering La, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Congo.
- Presently, she is serving as the Ambassador of India to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Democratic republic of congo:
- Capital – Kinhasa.
- Currency – Congolese franc, Zairean zaire.
Republic of Congo:
- Capital – Brazzaville.
- Currency – CFA franc, Central African CFA franc.
Gafur Rakhimov elected as AIBA president
- Gafur Rakhimov, an Uzbek businessman, has been named president of International Boxing Association (AIBA).
- He will succeed CK Wu.
- He has defeated former boxer Serik Konakbayev, by getting 86 out of 134 second-round votes.
- Rahimov was awarded with the Honorary Order of the Olympic Council of Asia in 2003.
- In 2008, he also won the ANOC Merit Award for his involvement in the Olympic Family.
FICCI “Lifetime Achievement Award 2018” conferred upon Dr. Ramdas M Pai
- Ramdas M Pai, Chancellor and President of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) has been presented the “Lifetime Achievement Award 2018” by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- The award recognized his contributions in the fields of education and healthcare.
- He is also Chairman Emeritus, Manipal Education and Medical Group.
“Mere Pyaare Prime Minister” is the only Asian Film screened at Rome Film Festival
- “Mere Pyaare Prime Minister” was the only Asian film that was screened at the 13th Rome Film Festival held in Rome.
- It is Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s upcoming film “Mere Pyaare Prime Minister”.
- The film is produced by Bharathi Mehra. The film speaks about the social issue of open defecation.
- The film focuses on four children living in a slum in Mumbai. One of the kids wants to build a toilet for his single mother and makes an appeal to the Prime Minister.
PMCH to be redeveloped into world’s largest 5462 bed hospital
- Bihar govt has approved the redevelopment of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) into world’s largest 5462-bed hospital.
- The outlay of the project is 5540.07 crore.
- Established in 1925, the hospital would be redeveloped by Bihar Medical Services & Infrastructure Corporation Ltd (BMSICL) and would be redeveloped in three phases in seven years.
- Presently, the world’s largest hospital currently is in Belgrade with 3500 bed.
Hope the above updates of 6 November Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 6 November Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –