Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of November 9 Current Affairs. The November 9 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are November 9 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
November 9 Current Affairs
International Day of Radiology observed on November 8
- International Day of Radiology is observed annually on November 8 to mark the date of discovery of the existence of X-rays by Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen in 1895.
- It is a joint initiative of European Society of Radiology (ESR), Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Theme 2018 – Cardiac imaging
Rohit Sharma becomes first batsman score T20I centuries
- Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma became the first batsman to score four Twenty20 International (T20I) centuries.
- He achieved this feat in 58 balls during the second T20I match against the West Indies at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow.
- He has surpassed the record of New Zealand’s Colin Munro who had scored three centuries.
- He has also surpassed Virat Kohli to become the highest run-scorer of India in T20Is.
Pranoy Kumar Musahary designated as the first chairperson of Lokayukta in Meghalaya
- Justice (Retd) of Gauhati High Court, Pranoy Kumar Musahary, has been elected as the chairperson of Meghalaya’s first Lokayukta.
- The Lokayukta is empowered to probe allegations of corruption against public functionaries.
Related Points Meghalaya
- Chief Minister – Conrad Sangma
- Capital – Shillong
Super 30 founder Anand Kumar conferred with Global Education Award in Dubai
- Mathematician and Super 30 founder Anand Kumar has been presented the “Global Education Award”.
- It was awarded by Malabar Gold & Diamonds, flagship company of Malabar Group, a leading Indian business conglomerate.
- The award recognized his contributions to the field of education.
Arunima Sinha, world’s first Indian woman amputee to scale Everest gets honourary doctorate in UK
- 30 years old, Arunima Sinha has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Strathclyde of United Kingdom in Glasgow, Scotland.
- She has been awarded for her inspirational achievements in mountaineerin
- In 2013, she became the world’s first woman amputee to climb Mount Everest.
- She is a former Indian national Volleyball player. Her left leg was amputated below the knee after being thrown from a train while resisting a robbery.
Ayodhya Deepotsav 2018 enters Guinness Book of World Records
- A new world record was set as 3,01,152 diyas were lit on the banks of River Sarayu, during Deepostav 2018, in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
- Deepostav 2018 was organised by Uttar Pradesh government on the occasion of Diwali.
- It has entered the Guinness Book of Records for lighting 3,01,152 earthen lamps.
Hope the above updates of 9 November Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 9 November Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –