Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of October 17 Current Affairs. The October 17 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are October 17 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
October 17 Current Affairs
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty observed on October 17
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed annually on October 17 to acknowledge the efforts and struggles of people living in poverty and provides an opportunity to listen to their issues.
- 2018 marks the 70th anniversary of the proclamation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Theme 2018 – “Coming together with those furthest behind to build an inclusive world of universal respect for human rights and dignity”
Nokia has named Alia Bhatt as brand ambassador in India
- HMD Global, which designs and sells phones under the Nokia brand has designated actress Alia Bhatt as the “face of Nokia phones” in India.
- As part of the partnership, a print campaign featuring Alia Bhatt has already started to mark the festive season.
BankBazaar has named ex RBI deputy governor SS Mundra as advisor
- BankBazaar appointed former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor S S Mundra as an advisor.
- S S Mundra will help BankBazaar achieve 100 per cent paperless and presence-less financing in India.
- He was a deputy governor at the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) for three years till July 2017.
Vishwa Konkani book award presented to HM Pernal
- World Konkani Centre has selected writer, journalist and critic, H M Pernal for the prestigious “Vimala V Pai Vishwa” Konkani best book award for the year 2018.
- He was conferred this award for “Beeg Ani Beegath”, a collection of short stories in Konkani.
- Konkani poet Sharathchandra Shenoy from Kochi won the Vishwa Konkani best poetry award for his book “Idam Na Mama”.
- Vishwanath M Shet from Uttara Kannada bagged the Vishwa Konkani lifetime achievement award.
Khadya Sathi: Food Security Scheme launched by West Bengal
- West Bengal Chief govt has initiated “Khadya Sathi” scheme on the occasion of World Food Day to ensure food security to more than 8.5 crore people of the state.
- Special assistance will be given to the people of Jangalmahal and Hill areas besides Aila-affected areas and farmers of Singur, tea garden workers as well as the Toto tribe.
Microsoft co-founder, philanthropist Paul Allen dies at 65
- Billionaire philanthropist Paul G. Allen, who co-founded Microsoft passed due to Hodgkin’s lymphoma at the age of 65.
- Paul G. Allen and Bill Gates established Microsoft in 1975.
- He served as Microsoft’s executive vice president of research and new product development till 1983.
- In 1986, along with his sister Jody Allen, he founded an investment firm named “Vulcan”.
- He founded the Allen Institute for Brain Science and the aerospace firm Stratolaunch.
Hope the above updates of 17 October Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 17 October Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –