Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of October 20 Current Affairs. The October 18 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are October 20 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
October 20 Current Affairs
World Osteoporosis Day observed on October 20
- World Osteoporosis Day is observed annually on October 20 to create awareness about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
- Osteoporosis is a disease in which bones become weak and brittle and increases the risk of a broken bone.
Arshdeep Singh wins 2018 Young Wildlife Photographer of the Year (Asia) Award
- The 10 years old, Arshdeep Singh won the 2018 Young Wildlife Photographer of the Year (Asia) Award for his photograph “Pipe Owls”, at the Natural History Museum, London.
- Hailing from Jalandhar, Punjab, he has been awarded under 10-years-and-under category.
- The Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition is organised by the Britain’s Natural History Museum.
- He also won the Junior Asian Wildlife Photographer of the Year award.
4th annual Carnot Prize 2018 has been conferred upon Piyush Goyal
- Minister of Railways & Coal, Piyush Goyal has been awarded the 4th annual Carnot Prize 2018 by Kleinman Center for Energy Policy at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design, United States.
- The award recognized his efforts in transforming in India’s energy sector which aims to eliminate energy poverty with sustainable energy solutions.
About Carnot Prize
- Named after French physicist Nicolas Sadi Carnot, the award is prsented to leading revolutions in energy policy through scholarship or practice.
IRDAI formed a to study feasibility of paying claims in instalments
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) formed a panel to examine claims in installments.
- It will be headed by Suresh Mathur, ED (Health), IRDAI.
- This will look in to the feasibility of the proposal of general and health insurance companies for payment of claims in installments as against lump sum payments.
- This process will enable beneficiaries/claimants to receive payments in a series of pre-determined installments.
India’s 1st Cryptocurrency ATM, Unocoin, installed in Bengaluru
- Virtual currency exchange Unocoin set up a first of its kind kiosk Bitcoin ATM at Kemp Fort mall in Bengaluru.
- This will be followed by 2 more kiosks in Mumbai and Delhi.
- Users can withdraw Indian rupee obtained on selling the cryptocurrencies on its platform.
- Following this, a 12- digit reference number will be sent to the user to withdraw the INR.
- While, for deposits, the user id of the customer and OTP (one-time password) sent on registered mobile number would be required and the amount will get deposited upon confirmation of respective account details.
Hope the above updates of 20 October Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 20 October Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –