Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of October 30 Current Affairs. The October 30 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are October 30 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
October 30 Current Affairs
India and Pakistan won the Asian Hockey Champions Trophy (Men’s Hockey)
- India and Pakistan jointly won the Asian Hockey Champions Trophy title in Muscat, Oman.
- India remained unbeaten throughout the tournament after winning over: Oman (11-0), Pakistan (3-1), Japan (9-0) and South Korea (4-1).
- Pakistan was defeated only by India. It had won over: South Korea (3-1), Oman (1-8), Malaysia (1-0) and a game against Japan ended in a 1-1 tie.
- Earlier, India had won the Asian Hockey Champions Trophy in 2011 and 2016.
9th Swiss Indoors title clinced by Roger Federer
- Roger Federer won his 99th career ATP Tour title in the Swiss Indoors final in Basel, Switzerland.
- He has defeated Marius Copil 7-6 (5), 6-4 in the final.
- This is his 9th Swiss Indoors title.
- He is now only 10 titles short of the all-time record. The all-time singles titles list is topped by Jimmy Connors with 109 titles.
Michael D Higgins re-elected as Irish president
- Michael D Higgins was re-elected as Irish president for the 2nd term.
- He won the election after receiving 56% of the country’s election vote.
Related Points Ireland
- Capital – Dublin
- Currency – Euro
WhatsApp, CII collaborated to train SMEs, entrepreneurs in India
- Whatsapp partnered with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to train small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurs on using the messaging platform.
- This will be done through CII’s SME Technology Facilitation Centre.
- This will consist of on-ground training around the country to explain the features and best practices on the WhatsApp Business app that was launched in January 2018.
- The training material will be available on the CII SME website.
World’s largest airport “under one roof” opened in Istanbul, Turkey
- The world’s largest airport terminal under one roof with a capacity to serve 90 million passengers was opened in Istanbul, Turkey.
- It has been constructed by IGA and the first phase costed 5 billion Euro.
- It has five pier blocks as well as 77 boarding gates and 143 aero-bridges.
Related Points Turkey:
- Capital- Ankara
- Currency – Turkish lira
India Mobile Congress held at Aerocity, New Delhi
- The 3-day long 2nd edition of India Mobile Congress concluded at Aerocity, New Delhi.
- It is a regular platform for exploring area of digital communications with specific focus on South and South-East Asia.
- It was organized by the Department of Telecommunications, GOI and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
- The theme for this year was: “New Digital Horizons. Connect. Create. Innovate.”
Train 18: India’s first engineless train set for trials
- India released its first semi-high speed train called- Train 18, which will travel at a speed of up to 160 kmph.
- It was developed by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai on the lines of ‘Make In India’ initiative.
- It’s outlay is Rs 100 crore and will cut travel time by 15 per cent compared to the Shatabdi.
- The ICF will make six such train sets, out of which two will have sleeper coaches.
Hope the above updates of 30 October Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 30 October Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –