Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of October 7 Current Affairs. The October 6 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are October 7 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
October 7 Current Affairs
36th National Games to be held in March-April 2019 in Goa
- The 36th National Games will be held from March 30 to April 14, 2019 in Goa.
- The Opening and Closing ceremonies will be held at PJN Stadium, Fatorda but Shooting and cycling events will be held in New Delhi since Goa does not have the facilities for these sports.
- Rugby, Wushu, Modern Penthatlon, Lawn Bowl, and Billiards and Snooker, will also be added to the Games programme.
Pankaj Sharma Appointed India’s Ambassador To UN Conference On Disarmament
- IFS officer of 1991 batch, Pankaj Sharma has been appointed as the ambassador and India’s permanent representative to the United Nations Conference on Disarmament in Geneva.
- He will succeed Amandeep Gill.
- Presently, he is serving as the joint secretary (Disarmament and International Security Division) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
Hima Das appointed in Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Guwahati as HR officer
- Sprinter Hima Das joined Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) as HR Officer (Grade A) in Guwahati, Assam.
- Hima Das had won 3 medals, including gold in 4x400m women’s relay in Asian Games 2018.
- She had won a gold medal at the U-20 World Championship in Finland.
- She was also awarded Arjuna award in 2018.
Srinivasan Swamy appointed chairman of International Advertising Association (IAA)
- Chairman of RK Swamy Hansa Group, Srinivasan Swamy has been designated as the chairman and world president of the International Advertising Association (IAA) for a period of 2 years.
- He will succeed Felix Tataru.
- He is the first Indian to hold the chairman and world president post of IAA.
- He will lead a team of 25 Executive Committee members from various countries.
- India will host the 44th edition of IAA World Congress 2019 in Cochin.
Government appoints former Canara Bank MD Rakesh Sharma as IDBI MD
- Government has appointed Rakesh Sharma as Managing Director of IDBI Bank for a period of 6 months.
- He will succeed B Sriram.
- He is former managing director of Canara Bank. Earlier, he headed Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
International Conference on Women’s Health, Wellness and Empowerment in Kanpur
- International Conference on Women’s Health, Wellness and Empowerment was held in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The conference was organised by the Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India and the Kanpur Obstetric and Gynaecological Society.
- Theme of the conference was Give her wings and let her soar.
- During the conference, a statue of the late freedom fighter Shyamlal Parshad was also unveiled in Kanpur.
4th India International Science Festival inaugurated in Lucknow, UP
- The 4th India International Science Festival (IISF) 2018 was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- IISF is a tribute to former Prime Minister Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- It was organized by Ministry of Science and Technology in association with Vijnana Bharti.
- Theme 2018 – “Science for Transformation”
- This Festival aims to apply science and technology for transformation of the country and enable positive change for social and economic progress.
India’s maiden methanol-based cooking fuel rolled out by APL in Assam
- On the lines of “Green and Clean Fuel Pilot Project on Methanol cooking Stove”, India’s maiden first methanol based cooking oil has been introduced.
- The methanol based cooking oil developed by Namrup-based Assam Petrochemicals Limited (APL).
- The product is premised on the NITI Aayog’s programme “Methanol Economy”, which aims to replace 20% of the crude imports with methanol alone.
- Initially it will be available only in the Northeastern Region.
2nd Edition of IndiaSkills 2018 held in New Delhi
- 2nd edition of IndiaSkills 2018, India’s biggest skill competition, was conducted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- The event aimed to identify, promote and reward the best talents in different skills.
- It saw the participation of 450 candidates.
- Extraordinary winners will be given more training and will be sent to represent India at the 45th WorldSkills Competition at Kazan, Russia in 2019.
Hope the above updates of 7 October Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 7 October Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –