Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of October 8 Current Affairs. The October 8 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are October 8 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
October 8 Current Affairs
Karnataka govt unveils “Unnati” scheme to help entrepreneurs
- Karnataka government has initiated Unnati scheme which will invest up to Rs 20 crore to support infrastructure for startups and entrepreneurs from a marginalised background.
- The objective is to identify, mentor, and promote young entrepreneurs from the SC/ST communities.
- As a part of scheme, the state will provide up to Rs 50 lakh to winning entrepreneurs to develop tech-based solutions that are innovative, novel and have meaningful social impact.
2-day First Regional Conference on ‘Women in Detention and Access to Justice’ held in Shimla
- The 2-day Regional Conference on Women in Detention and Access to Justice was held at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- The Parliamentary Committee on Empowerment of Women recommended the various strategies on the subjects that will help in better implementation of Prison Reform and Rehabilitation Program.
India has clinched the U19 Asia Cup 2018 title
- India has defeated Sri Lanka by 144 runs to clinch the Under-19 Asia Cup 2018 title in Dhaka.
- The Indian U19 cricket team was captained by P Simran Singh.
- The award for man-of-the-tournament was conferred upon Yashasvi Jaiswal.
- This was India’s sixth Under-19 Asia Cup title after winning in 1989, 2003, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
India’s Keerthana Pandian grabbed IBSF World U-16 Snooker Championships
- India’s Keerthana Pandian has won the girl’s title in the IBSF World Under-16 Snooker Championships that was held in St Petersburg, Russia.
- She has defeated Albina Leschuk of Belarus by 3-1 in the finals.
- In boys category, Ben Martens of Belgium clinched the title.
India celebrates its 86th Air Force Day on 8th October
- India celebrates its 86th Air Force Day on 8th October 2018.
- To mark this occasion, a grand parade-cum-investiture ceremony was held at the Air Force Station at Hindon in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- The President of India is the Supreme Commander of all the defence forces.
Related Points IAF
- Establishment – 8 October 1932
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Motto – Touch the Sky with Glory
- Chief of the Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
- Vice Chief of the Air Staff – Air Marshal Anil Khosla
Hope the above updates of 8 October Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 8 October Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –