Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of October 9 Current Affairs. The October 9 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are October 9 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
October 9 Current Affairs
World Post Day observed on October 9
- World Post Day is observed annually on October 9 to commemorate the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in Bern, Switzerland.
- This day creates awareness about the role of postal sector in the everyday activities of people its contribution to the social and economic development.
- On this day, several countries introduce or promote new postal products and services.
Deborah Herold wins gold medal in elite women’s 40 km competition at India’s Premier Cyclothon
- Deborah Herold has clinched gold medal in the elite women’s 40 kilometre competition during India’s Premier Cyclothon that was held at Saksham Pedal Delhi.
- The silver medal bagged by Sonali Chanu and Swasti Singh won the bronze medal.
- In men’s 50 kilometres, Shreedhar Savanur won gold medal.
- Silver and bronze medals were won by Manjeet Singh and Krishna Nakaodi.
Indian pair win U-15 girls doubles title in Badminton Asia Junior U-17 & U-15 championships
- Indian pair of Meghana Reddy and Tasnim Mir won the Under-15 girls doubles title in the Badminton Asia Junior Under-17 and Under-15 championships held at Mandalay, Myanmar.
- India clinched the total of 5 medals during the championship consisting of 1 gold and 4 bronze medals.
Bronze medal winners:
- Meiraba Luwang – Under-17 boys singles
- Aditi Bhatt – Under-17 girls singles
- S Shankar Muthuswamy – Under-15 boys singles
- Pranav Rao Gandham and P Sai Vishnu – U-15 men doubles
Ruhaan Rajput bags Mid-day Young Achiever Icons Award 2018
- Actor Ruhaan Rajput conferred with Mid-day Young Achiever Icons Award for 2018 in film and television category, during the event held in Mumbai.
- The award recognized his work in the industry in a short period of time.
- He is the director of Einfolge, a company that deals with patents, trademarks, etc.
- He is also the owner of “Gloss Skin and Hair Clinic”.
- The Mid-day awards is hosted every year to honour youngsters for their remarkable work in various fields.
Flipkart joined hand with Bajaj Allianz to offer insurance for smartphones
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has given its consent to Flipkart to ink an agreement with Bajaj Allianz to provide insurance to customers buying smartphones from its platform.
- As per scheme, customers who buy the plan will be offered either a cash payout, or a free pickup, service and drop facility if their devices get damaged or stolen.
- The minimum insurance price for the scheme is 99 for a year which will be operational the day the device is delivered to a customer.
World’s First Full-Scale Hyperloop Passenger Capsule “Quintero One” launched
- US based Hyperloop Transportation Technologies or HyperloopTT launched the first full-scale transportation capsule “Quintero One” which will be operational in 2019.
- It was constructed completely out of a specially made dual-layer smart composite material called “Vibranium”.
- It can move at speeds of more than 750 miles (1,200 kilometers) per hour and has a capacity to hold 30 to 40 passengers at a time.
- In May 2018, Andhra Pradesh signed Mou with HyperloopTT to set up the Hyperloop transportation system connecting Anantapur, Amaravati, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
- The Maharashtra government too had signed a pact with the Richard Branson-led Virgin Group to build the Mumbai-Pune Hyperloop.
JIMEX 18 3rd edition of India-Japan bilateral maritime exercise began at Visakhapatnam
- The 3rd edition of Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX) commenced at Visakhapatnam to enhance interoperability, improve understanding and imbibe the best practices of each other.
- Indian side was represented by INS Satpura, INS Kadmatt, INS Shakti, one submarine, P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft, under the command of Rear Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, Flag Officer Commanding, Eastern Fleet.
- Japanese Side wass represented by Japanee Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) Ships Kaga, an Izumo Class Helicopter Destroyer and Inazuma, under the command of Rear Admiral Tatsuya Fukada, Commander, Escort Flotilla-4 (CCF-4).
Hope the above updates of 9 October Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 9 October Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –