Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of September 14 Current Affairs. The September 14 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are September 14 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
September 14 Current Affairs
Health ministry bans manufacture, sale & distribution of 328 Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs)
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has prohibited manufacture, sale, distribution of 328 Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs) for human use with immediate effect.
- This ban was imposed by Health Ministry by exercising powers conferred to it section 26A of Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- The ban was imposed based on the recommendations of Kokate committee fearing that these drugs might cause organ-failure because of high toxicity.
- FDC drugs are drugs having two or more active ingredients in a single dosage.
Former Indian captain Sardar Singh announces retirement from international hockey
- The 32 years old, former Indian hockey captain, Sardar Singh has announced his retirement from international hockey.
- He has played more than 350 international matches. He was the Indian hockey team captain for 8 years from 2008 to 2016.
- He was awarded Arjuna Award in 2012 and Padma Shri award in 2015.
- He was the youngest player to captain the Indian team when he led the team at the 2008 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup.
Man Kaur, India’s 102-year-old female athlete wins gold medal at World Masters Athletics Championships
- India’s oldest female athlete Man Kaur has won a gold medal in the 200 m race for the age group of 100-104 at the World Masters Athletics Championships in Malaga, Spain.
- Born in 1916, 102 years old hails from Patiala, Punjab.
- She started her career at 93 years.
- In 2017, she won gold medal in 100m race at the World Masters Games in Auckland, New Zealand.
LK Advani appointed as Chairman of Ethics Committee of Lok Sabha
- Lal Krishan Advani has been renominated as the chairman of the Ethics Committee of the Lok.
- Former Uttarakhand CM Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank was renamed the chairman of the Lok Sabha Committee on Government Assurances.
- Chandrakant Khaire was reappointed as the chairman of the Committee on Papers Laid on the Table.
- Dilipkumar Mansukhlal Gandhi renamed as the chairman of the Committee on Subordinate Legislation.
- P Karunakaran will continue as the chairman of the Committee on Absence of Members from the Sittings of the House.
UNIATF Award to be conferred upon Manoj Jhalani, AS & MD of NHM
- Manoj Jhalani, Additional Secretary & Mission Director of National Health Mission has been conferred the UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) Award.
- The award recognized his contribution towards prevention and control of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and associated Sustainable Development Goals.
- National Program to control NCDs has been expanded by more than 8 times in the last 4 years covering all the 36 States/Union Territories.
Aishwarya Rai presented the Meryl Streep Award at the first Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India Awards
- Aishwarya Rai, Janhvi Kapoor, Zoya Akhtar were honoured at the first Women in Film and Television (WIFT) India Awards in Washington, US.
- Actress Aishwarya Rai was presented the inaugural Meryl Streep Award for Excellence. This award has been established to honour the best female talent in Bollywood and Hollywood.
- Director Zoya Akhtar was handed the Wyler Award for Excellence in Direction.
- Actress Janhvi Kapoor was presented the WIFT Emerald Award.
- Producer of the Year award was given to Catherine Hand.
General Insurance Corporation (GIC Re) among top 10 global reinsurers
- As per the Standard and Poor’s ranking, General Insurance Corporation (GIC Re), a Government-owned reinsurance company, has secured 10th position among the top 40 global reinsurers.
- In FY18, General Insurance Corporation (GIC Re) had achieved a top line growth of 24.5 %, with premium of Rs 41,799 cr.
About General Insurance Corporation (GIC Re):
- Chairman-cum-Managing Director – Alice G. Vaidyan
- Headquarters – Mumbai
Indo-Bhutan Border Centre inaugurated in Baksa, Assam
- The Indo-Bhutan Border Centre has been inaugurated at Darranga in Assam’s Baksa district to strengthen bilateral trade with the neighbouring country.
- Construction of 264 km of border roads touching four BTAD districts of the state namely Baksa, Udalguri, Chirang and Kokrajhar.
- Construction for revival of Rupsi Airport will take place from October 2018 with the assistance of the Central government.
- Consulates of Bhutan and Bangladesh were opened in Guwahati.
- Introduction of Druk Air flight connecting Paro-Guwahati-Singapore took place.
Ministry of Minority Affairs launched National Scholarship Portal Mobile App
- Ministry of Minority Affairs Shri launched the country’s first “National Scholarship Portal Mobile App” (NSP Mobile App) in New Delhi.
- For smooth, accessible and hassle-free scholarship system for students from poor and weaker sections.
- The app provide information regarding various scholarships to the students and Enable students to apply for scholarships,
- Students would get the scholarships directly in their bank accounts under Direct Benefit Transfer.
Hope the above updates of 14 September Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 14 September Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –