Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of September 21 Current Affairs. The September 21 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are September 21 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
September 21 Current Affairs
Gitesh Sarma has been designated as Secretary (West) MEA
- Appointments Committee of Cabinet has appointed 1986 batch IFS officer, Gitesh Sarma, as the Secretary (West) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He will succeed Ruchi Ghanashyam, who was appointed India’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom in Aug, 2018.
- Presently, he is serving as additional secretary in the foreign ministry.
- He will be responsible for the country’s diplomatic affairs with the UK and other European nations.
Pepsico’s Vipul Prakas to be appointed as COO of MakeMyTrip
- PepsiCo’s marketing head Vipul Prakash is all set to join travel company MakeMyTrip as its chief operating officer.
- Prakash is serving PepsiCo since 1998 through diverse roles across at global levels.
- Established in 2000, MakeMyTrip is one of the first online travel consumer-facing start-up listed on NASDAQ.
International Day of Peace observed on September 21
- International Day of Peace is observed is observed annually on September 21 to make a commitment towards building a Culture of Peace.
- 2018 Theme: “The Right to Peace – The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70”
- The theme celebrates the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The day was first celebrated in 1982.
World Alzheimer’s Day observed on September 21
- World Alzheimer’s Day is observed annually on September 21 to support in finding a cure for Alzheimer disease.
- The day was launched in 1994 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Alzheimer Disease International (ADI) association, which empowers other organizations with research and updated knowledge about Alzheimer’s and dementia
Sundeep Misra to write a book on sprinter Dutee Chand
- Journalist, author and filmmaker Sundeep Misra, is all set to write a book on sprinter Dutee Chand, who won two silver medals at the 2018 Asian Games.
- The book title will be “Story so far” and would be published by Westland Books.
- The book will narrate the hardships and controversies she faced to emerge as a rising star.
INSV Tarini crew bestowed with Tenzing Norgay Award
- Tenzing Norgay National Adventure award has been conferred upon the All-women crew of INSV Tarini.
- The award recognized their challenging task of sailing across the world for 8 months under the Navika Sagar Parikrama project.
- The INSV Tarini team was led by Commander Vartika Joshi.
- The team also awarded Nav Sena Medal on Independence Day.
- This is the first-ever all-women Indian crew to circumnavigate the world.
Tenzing Norgay National Adventure award is the highest national recognition for remarkable achievements in adventure on land, sea and air.
7th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism held in Seoul, Republic of Korea
- The 7th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism was held in Seoul, Korea by World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- The theme of the summit was A 2030 Vision for Urban Tourism.
- The main focus of the Summit was the future of urban tourism in the context of the 2030 Urban Agenda.
- The venue of 8th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism 2019 will be Astana, Kazakhstan.
ESI has initiated an employment allowance programe Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna
- The Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) has initiated an employment allowance program named Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna.
- The allowance aimed to financially support workers who rendered jobless due to changing employment pattern.
- Its beneficiaries will be insured persons covered under Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 for period of two years continuously.
- Beneficiary will be paid money, from their own contribution towards ESI scheme, in cash through bank account transfer.
- Workers will be able to draw 47% of their total contributions towards ESIC after remaining unemployed for at least three months from date of leaving their previous jobs.
Foundation stone for India International Convention and Expo Centre laid in Dwarka
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone for India International Convention and Expo Centre, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- The Outlay of the world-class state-of-the-art Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre is Rs 26000 Crore
- The project is implemented by India International Convention & Exhibition Centre Limited, a Government owned company under Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The construction will be in line with Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Platinum rating standards.
- Centre will offer setting for international and national events, meetings, conferences, exhibitions and trade shows
MHA signs MoU with ISRO to set up an Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) have inked MoU for setting up Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in Ministry of Home Affairs.
- As per MoU, ISRO will render its technical expertise for setting up of proposed ICR-ER whereas the project will be executed under overall supervision of MHA.
- The project is expected to be accomplished by next one and a half year.
DRDO has successfully flight tested Prahar
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flight tested the indigenously developed surface-to-surface tactical missile “Prahar” from Balasore.
- Prahar is a contemporary weapon system capable of carrying multiple types of warheads and neutralizing a wide variety of targets.
- It has been manufactured by DRDO and Bharat Dynamics Limited.
- It will replace Prithvi-I short-range ballistic missile in Indian service.
AAI has initiated the Development of Palaly airport in Sri Lanka
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) announced its project report for development of Palaly airport in northern Sri Lanka.
- This will be the first project undertaken by AAI in Sri Lanka.
Related Points Sri Lanka
- Capitals – Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency – Sri Lankan rupee
Hope the above updates of 21 September Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 21 September Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –