Hello Readers. Here are the important updates of September 22 Current Affairs. The September 22 Current Affairs updates will help you score well in the Current Affairs Section of the exams. So here are September 22 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs.
September 22 Current Affairs
Japanese businessman Yusaku Maezawa to become the first private moon tourist
- Yusaku Maezawa, a Japanese businessman has been named as the first private moon tourist, to fly on Big Falcon Rocket (BFR) of SpaceX around the Moon in 2023.
- The 42-year-old Japanese billionaire is the chief executive of Japan’s largest online fashion mall Zozotown.
- He will be the first lunar traveler since the last US Apollo mission in 1972.
Kalraj Mishra designated as the chairman of parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence
- Kalraj Mishra has been named as the chairman of the parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence.
- He will succeed former Uttarakhand chief minister Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri.
- The 77 years old served as the Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- In other appointment, Chintamani Malviya has been appointed as the Chairman of the Standing Committee on Coal and Steel.
- He will succeed Rakesh Singh.
NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) discovers two new Earth-like planets
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has discovered two new earth-like exoplanets namely “super-Earth” and “hot Earth”.
- Both the planets are too hot to support life.
- TESS was launched for one year mission in April 2018 to detect exoplanets (planets outside the sun’s solar system).
- Super-Earth: It is named as Pi Mensae c. It is 60 light-years away. It orbits its sun every 3 days.
- Hot-Earth: It is named as LHS 3844 b. It is 49 light-years away. It orbits its sun every 11 hours.
Anushka Sharma honoured with Smita Patil Memorial Award
- The 34th Priyadarshni Academy Anniversary Global Awards were held in Mumbai to honor the real achievers for their distinguished services
- Anushka Sharma who was honoured with the Smita Patil Memorial Award recognizing her commendable work in the field of acting.
- While, Ronnie Screwvala was awarded the Priyadarshni Academy Global Award for his outstanding contribution towards Innovative Entertainment and Community Development.
NSE, LSEG inked deal for dual listing of masala, foreign currency bonds
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) and London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) signed a pact on a dual listing route for masala bonds as well as foreign currency bonds of Indian issuers.
- Under the MOU, the masala bonds and foreign currency bonds in LSEG would be listed on NSE vice-versa.
- This would help in enhancing visibility & increase liquidity in secondary markets and also reduce the cost of raising capital for all issuers.
IRDAI raised minimum driver insurance cover to Rs 15 lakh for 2 wheelers and cars
- Insurance regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) raised the minimum insurance cover for owner-driver to 15 lakh for a premium of Rs.750 per annum.
- Presently, the capital sum insured (CSI) under this section for motorised two-wheelers and private cars/commercial vehicles is 1 lakh and Rs.2 lakh, respectively.
- This will help in financial support at the time of accident.
First ever Mizoram International Short Film Festival (MISFF) in Aizawl
- The first-ever Mizoram International Short Film Festival (MISFF) was held at the Aijal Club in Aizawl, Mizoram.
- It iwas organised by Government of Mizoram and Innovations India. It is supported by the Mizo Film Forum.
- Gulshan Grover’s short film “Forbidden” was screened during inaugural event.
- The festival aims to promote Mizoram as a preferred destination for film making, and to exhibit the beautiful locations of Mizoram.
Tamil Nadu govt announced scheme for the protection of the exotic Neela Kurinji plants
- Tamil Nadu government announced scheme for the protection of the exotic Neela kurinji (Strobilanthus kunthianus) plants in Nilagiri district of Tamilnadu.
- This came after the complaints of packaging and selling them on commercial basis.
- These plants flower only once in 12 years.
Hope the above updates of 22 September Current Affairs will help you to enhance your preparations, as we all know Current Affairs are the most important section to score well in any competitive exams. Also, check our Current Affairs Memory Cards Page to get the brief explanation along with Daily Current Affairs Questions and answers.
As you have revised the updates, now take Quiz of 22 September Current Affairs.
Happy Learning !!
Share your views and feedback in the comments section.
Subscribe to our website to stay updated.
Also, connect with us on social media accounts –